PDA

View Full Version : The ol' double stroller dilemma.

mandaep
07-25-2014, 11:37 PM
So I'm thinking of renting a city mini double for the week. But I'm wondering, do those stroller maneuver very good in and out of the shops??

1DisneyNut
07-26-2014, 07:28 AM
They don't maneuver good anywhere in the parks if it is busy. They are horrible on the buses if you are going to be using the bus transportation on site.

I personally wish they would ban all the large strollers from the parks and this is coming from someone who tried using one of the large inline doubles once and never brought it again. It was not fun at all dealing with a large stroller in the crowds. On the buses, after the first time I got on and banged everyone's knees with it trying to carry it down the isle, the rest of the trip I tried to be considerate and allowed everyone else to board and then I stood at the front of the bus with the stroller so as not to drag it down the isle. We used the umbrella strollers after that trip and they are sooooooo much easier to deal with, maneuver, and fold up.

lawgirl
07-26-2014, 08:58 AM
Last time I had 1 umbrella stroller, which was perfect, and took of one our bigger strollers, which was an absolute pain on the bus, and it is not even as big as a double stroller. Even when the bus wasn't that full, it was still very much in the way and hard to deal with. Our umbrella stoller is able to recline some, so next time I'll just take 2 of those.

Pirate Granny
07-26-2014, 11:22 AM
We've had no issue with both the city mini (folds easily) and can get through the store aisles. This time we had a sit and stand with a HUGE basket underneath. Wonderful pack mule it was. Next trip the oldest GKs will be 8 so, no strollers and already I am thinking on how to facilitate all the stuff we bring I to the parks without everyone carrying a back pack. :(

mandaep
07-26-2014, 02:50 PM
We will actually be driving but we have two cheap single strollers and we thought it would be better to rent a double that was better quality. But we go in and out of the shops a lot and I couldn't remember if I saw people with double city minis in the stores. I want to just buy a double stroller off of craigslist but my son is 4 1/2 years old so he is almost too big for the smaller ones and I don't even want to rent the strollers at the parks because there is a higher chance that my daughter will nap in them. Thanks guys!

Pirate Granny
07-26-2014, 03:42 PM
Look into sit and stand...very helpful this trip. DGD was going on 8 and could sit or stand behind the sitting sister. Great value and as I said wonderful for lugging stuff to the parks. Folded easily

Janmac
07-27-2014, 07:51 PM
We've had no issue with both the city mini (folds easily) and can get through the store aisles. This time we had a sit and stand with a HUGE basket underneath. Wonderful pack mule it was. Next trip the oldest GKs will be 8 so, no strollers and already I am thinking on how to facilitate all the stuff we bring I to the parks without everyone carrying a back pack. :(

We had this problem a couple years ago - no stroller to haul all the stuff. :( One thing we did was to outfit kids with their own waist packs. Any school age kid can be on board with carrying much of the stuff they think they need - usually sunglasses, pins, possibly a beanie friend. The old KTTW card was the exception.

That left only us adults and our stuff. Souvenir spending went way down. :D

Personally, I like cargo pants. Always have a couple of bandaids, some cool off towelettes, chapstick, a couple of bucks. Phone is in another pocket and a water bottle in the hand.

Jan

AgentC
07-27-2014, 11:29 PM
I've used the double city mini strollers without a problem. We had our own double stroller which I hated. I found the double city mini stroller extremely easy to maneuver. The last year both my kids were in a stroller, we rented the those strollers multiple times and never had a problem.

kakn7294
07-28-2014, 12:29 AM
Next trip the oldest GKs will be 8 so, no strollers and already I am thinking on how to facilitate all the stuff we bring I to the parks without everyone carrying a back pack. :(

We had this problem a couple years ago - no stroller to haul all the stuff. :( One thing we did was to outfit kids with their own waist packs. Any school age kid can be on board with carrying much of the stuff they think they need - usually sunglasses, pins, possibly a beanie friend. Our rule is: if you want it, you carry it. When our daughters were old enough to be without a stroller (about age 5), they had a fanny pack that they could fill with whatever they felt that they needed. As they got older, the fanny packs gave way to a crossbody purse or drawstring backpack but the rule remains. The only exception is for things like sunblock and bandaids. I carry those in limited quantity and in the smallest sizes possible. I'd rather refill a bottle every night than lug an 8 oz bottle!

mandaep
07-28-2014, 04:13 PM
I've used the double city mini strollers without a problem. We had our own double stroller which I hated. I found the double city mini stroller extremely easy to maneuver. The last year both my kids were in a stroller, we rented the those strollers multiple times and never had a problem.

Thanks! Especially when it came to going in and out of stores???