PDA

View Full Version : Waterparks on mid-August weekend-Are we crazy?

moobear67
07-25-2014, 10:53 AM
We will be heading to FL to do some college visits for my son during the first week of August. Since driving 13 hours to FL to tour colleges in the hot August sun is no fun, I thought we'd try a day in a Disney waterpark to cool off. We have 4 days left of "extras" (waterparks, etc) on our non-expiring Disney tickets that we bought 10 years ago, and have yet to visit a waterpark (Alas, our Disney park days are all used up, so we won't be heading to the parks this trip :sad:). The only day that seems to work for our schedule is Saturday August 9th. So, are we crazy??? I know the crowds start to die down in mid-August as colleges and schools start up, but are the waterparks still a hot bed of activity for the locals at that time? Will lines for the waterpark slides be really long, and not worth the wait? Or do the waterparks start to get less busy at this time as well? And if we do decide to go, any advice on how to manage the crowds? Thanks!!!

minnie04
07-25-2014, 11:31 AM
I would say go for it!!! the water parks are so big that they never really feel to ful to me. And any reason to relax in cool water in August I'll take it. :mickey:

mamatedd
07-25-2014, 04:14 PM
We went to TL in late July, last summer. It wasn't crazy at all. Have fun!!!

moobear67
07-25-2014, 11:48 PM
Thanks for your responses! OK, I feel better. Now to decide which park to go to. I'm thinking Blizzard Beach. I hear the family raft ride is great!

Ruprect
07-29-2014, 10:03 AM
The family raft ride at Blizzard Beach was the highlight of our water park time in July (did both water parks on that trip).

As usual if you're worried about crowds and don't want to wait in a lot of lines get there at opening and hit the slides.