PDA

View Full Version : Fitness Centers at Moderates?

jaredkari
07-24-2014, 09:48 PM
I have recently lost over 40 pounds and am planning a trip to WDW. I really want to keep up with my workouts (I know who wants to work out on vacation?)

Do the moderates have fitness centers with treadmills?:confused:

AgentC
07-24-2014, 10:00 PM
I believe the only moderate with a fitness center is Coronado Springs. There are also usually maps at all the resorts for walk/running routes.

MargaretMessler
07-25-2014, 03:28 AM
The good news is that you generally do so much walking at Disney, that as long as you make smart food choices, you shouldn't regress too much (if anything) on your weight loss. A concern of mine as well, after finally making a commitment to getting healthy this past year

BriarRose0708
07-25-2014, 09:25 AM
The jogging paths are nice at the resorts but since you walk so much while in the parks the last thing I want to do is run. I have found a resistance band is really easy to pack and I can do many of the same exercises with it that I can using the free weights or machines at the gym.

Congrats on your weight loss!!

jaredkari
07-25-2014, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the tips. The problem is I don't think I can make wise food choices at WDW. Come on! Bread Pudding, Pineapple Floats, Carrot Cake Cookies, the list goes on and on!!! I will probably have to double my workout just to keep up!!:mickey:

Capt_redshirt
07-25-2014, 02:10 PM
if you stay at the one of the port orleans resorts the 2 resorts are connected and they have a suggested trail that is about a mile or more and a wonderful view of the river

Angelgirl65
07-28-2014, 07:51 AM
Coronado's fitness center is free for guests and is very good size. there is a sauna, massage area and more. Its right near a quiet pool too