PDA

View Full Version : Tiered Rides?

honeybear
07-24-2014, 06:18 PM
So I am hearing about some Fast Pass attractions that are tiered. Can someone explain this? I need to try and understand

faline
07-24-2014, 06:29 PM
In Epcot and Disney Studios, certain rides have been designated as Tier 1 Rides and others as Tier 2. That means, on any given day, you can select one Tier 1 ride or attraction and the remaining two selections can come from rides/attractions that are not in Tier 1.

At Epcot, Soarin; Test Tract; Illumiations; and Living with the Land are Tier 1 attractions. That means, you can;t make fastpass+ reservations for both Soarin and Test Track on the same day.

In Disney Studios the Tier 1 attractions are currently Toy Story Mania; The Great Movie Ride; Rock and Roller Coaster Fantasmic; and Beauty and the Beast. You can choose one of these options. Your other two would need to come from other attractions designated as Tier 2 attractions.

honeybear
07-24-2014, 06:38 PM
In Epcot and Disney Studios, certain rides have been designated as Tier 1 Rides and others as Tier 2. That means, on any given day, you can select one Tier 1 ride or attraction and the remaining two selections can come from rides/attractions that are not in Tier 1.

At Epcot, Soarin; Test Tract; Illumiations; and Living with the Land are Tier 1 attractions. That means, you can;t make fastpass+ reservations for both Soarin and Test Track on the same day.

In Disney Studios the Tier 1 attractions are currently Toy Story Mania; The Great Movie Ride; Rock and Roller Coaster Fantasmic; and Beauty and the Beast. You can choose one of these options. Your other two would need to come from other attractions designated as Tier 2 attractions.

WOW! This FP thing is becoming more complicated by the minute. Not really feeling it. Thanks for the info Faline!

Mfarquar
07-29-2014, 02:19 PM
If I just choose one Tier 1 in advance (let's say,Toy Story Mania), can I make a "day of" reservation while in the park for Rockin' Roller Coaster? Would this only make sense if I were to have a morning reservation for my previously made FP+ reservation?

Also, can I make a Tier 1 for HS in the AM and two Magic Kingdom reservations for the PM if we decide to spend more time at Disney for our upcoming trip and park hop?

Thanks in advance for the clarification!

yankeesfan123
07-29-2014, 06:11 PM
If I just choose one Tier 1 in advance (let's say,Toy Story Mania), can I make a "day of" reservation while in the park for Rockin' Roller Coaster? Would this only make sense if I were to have a morning reservation for my previously made FP+ reservation?

Also, can I make a Tier 1 for HS in the AM and two Magic Kingdom reservations for the PM if we decide to spend more time at Disney for our upcoming trip and park hop?

Thanks in advance for the clarification!

1st part: yes, after you've used/let expire your first three.

2nd part: no, your three must all be in the same park. After those three are used/expired, you could hop to MK and get a fourth FP at that time.

Mfarquar
07-29-2014, 08:49 PM
Thank you!

So is there an advantage to only making 1 FP reservation total for a Tier 1 ride so that you can quickly make another Tier 1 ride reservation in the park?

yankeesfan123
07-29-2014, 10:13 PM
Thank you!

So is there an advantage to only making 1 FP reservation total for a Tier 1 ride so that you can quickly make another Tier 1 ride reservation in the park?

You must make three. One top tier, two bottom tier.

You can't make just one.

Mfarquar
07-29-2014, 10:19 PM
Drats! :mickey: