PDA

View Full Version : A million brazillion tourists

gerald72
07-24-2014, 01:13 PM
Hundreds of Brazillion tourists everywhere in the parks, but other than the chanting, they seem very well behaved- especially the group leaders.
They allowed our family to go in front of them on the bus, and try hard to keep their groups together.

conan617
07-24-2014, 01:22 PM
Hundreds of Brazillion tourists everywhere in the parks, but other than the chanting, they seem very well behaved- especially the group leaders.
They allowed our family to go in front of them on the bus, and try hard to keep their groups together.

Wait - is it hundreds of tourists or brazillions of tourists. Hundreds I could probably deal with but brazillions of tourists would totally clog the parks. ;)

MargaretMessler
07-24-2014, 05:29 PM

Very refreshing to hear. Every time we have encountered the large Brazilian tour groups (not even just at WDW, but everywhere) they have tended to be the rudest bunch of travelers EVER.

1goofydad
07-24-2014, 08:16 PM
I firmly disagree. My family and I returned from a week at WDW, July 6-13th. By mid week we had enough. We do not go to hear the screaming chants of rude visitors. We are all there to enjoy ourselves. We were at EPCOT. The tour group was loudly chanting at Spaceship Earth. There was at least 30 feet of space between the tour group and the next guests in line. The group was glaring at the other guests in line and shouting there chant. We approached a security guard and were told to go report it to Guest Services. We could still hear the chants as we boarded the monorail. We mentioned it to other cast members and were told there is nothing that can be done! EXCUSE ME? We returned to BLT and reported this to the manager on duty. He emailed the POP Century manager. Within 15 minutes he notified us that there had been MULTIPLE complaints and would be meeting with the "leaders" when they returned to the hotel.

Earlier in our week we had mentioned the behavior to other Cast members. We learned they are only allowed to stay at the All Star POP resort now and are required to put down a huge security deposit due to their history of TRASHING the hotel rooms.

We have been going to WDW since 1991. This is the first time I felt uncomfortable. I am still appalled security did nothing and the groups are allowed to misbehave. I am sure if I was unruly, I would be dealt with immediately.

I do not know what they are chanting but their body language and tone were very negative.

It is non-sense that "Nothing can be done about their behavior".

EeyoresBestFriend
07-24-2014, 10:37 PM
Earlier in our week we had mentioned the behavior to other Cast members. We learned they are only allowed to stay at the All Star POP resort now and are required to put down a huge security deposit due to their history of TRASHING the hotel rooms.

We have been going to WDW since 1991. This is the first time I felt uncomfortable. I am still appalled security did nothing and the groups are allowed to misbehave. I am sure if I was unruly, I would be dealt with immediately.

I do not know what they are chanting but their body language and tone were very negative.

Wow! That is a bit of bright light that they have limited where they can go, but the poor people at POP!! I guess they consider the chanting to be at the same caliber as the flash picture taking folks on rides ~ annoying to other guests but hard to stop. Would be interesting to know what they had been chanting . . .

Alas, our experiences with them in the past have also been negative and we try to avoid the heavy BTG times of the year. :(

MargaretMessler
07-25-2014, 03:26 AM
For the record, what ARE the heavy "BTG" times of year"? (Since we are looking at Pop for our next trip)

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-25-2014, 08:13 AM
Usually January and July if I recall

Melanie
07-25-2014, 09:02 AM
Usually January and July if I recall

This is correct. I think we lucked out a few weeks ago, being at WDW during the World Cup. There were definitely groups there (although a lot from Argentina this year as well), but not like I thought it would be. Seems many stayed home for the World Cup.

Hog
07-25-2014, 12:48 PM
When we were there last week we saw about 50 of them get in the single rider line for Test Track. The stand by time was only 50 min. I had to laugh because I thought there was no way they were going to be all done riding before the 50 minutes. Well by the time I got to the front I noticed that only a few of them had gotten on at that point and saw them waiting on the floor at the exit. That just ruins it for the actual single riders. They should just close single rider lines to tour groups it is just rude.

In addition during the time it was raining they would just sit on the floor all over the gift shops etc.. it was very annoying. Other than that I dont mind them, them chanting and singing just means they are having a good time and I don't mind seeing others enjoying themselves.

ransam
07-25-2014, 04:22 PM
I love the brazillions. I think they add to the fun and make the park lively. They have always been polite, and they are cheerful, just having fun. Nothing wrong with that!

joanna71985
07-25-2014, 04:26 PM
OP, then you are very lucky. I've had many bad experiences with the tour groups

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-25-2014, 09:41 PM
I wish we had known they were exiled to POP before my DW & I booked a 5 night stay there for next month. :(

gerald72
07-26-2014, 01:58 AM
I firmly disagree. My family and I returned from a week at WDW, July 6-13th. By mid week we had enough. We do not go to hear the screaming chants of rude visitors. We are all there to enjoy ourselves. We were at EPCOT. The tour group was loudly chanting at Spaceship Earth. There was at least 30 feet of space between the tour group and the next guests in line. The group was glaring at the other guests in line and shouting there chant. We approached a security guard and were told to go report it to Guest Services. We could still hear the chants as we boarded the monorail. We mentioned it to other cast members and were told there is nothing that can be done! EXCUSE ME? We returned to BLT and reported this to the manager on duty. He emailed the POP Century manager. Within 15 minutes he notified us that there had been MULTIPLE complaints and would be meeting with the "leaders" when they returned to the hotel.

I don't understand why you firmly disagree with me. In all your paragraphs, the only thing you stated that you personally witnessed was the loud chanting.
That's exactly what I said I witnessed.

gerald72
07-26-2014, 02:04 AM
When we were there last week we saw about 50 of them get in the single rider line for Test Track. The stand by time was only 50 min. I had to laugh because I thought there was no way they were going to be all done riding before the 50 minutes. Well by the time I got to the front I noticed that only a few of them had gotten on at that point and saw them waiting on the floor at the exit. That just ruins it for the actual single riders. They should just close single rider lines to tour groups it is just rude.

The single rider line is merely for folks who want to fill in the single seats. It's not important for them to sit with their party. It doesn't mean it's for people who entered the park by them self that day.
You'd rather have empty seats go around? Putting your groups, or anyone, in the single rider line makes the standby line shorter.

Melanie
07-26-2014, 08:40 AM
It's not true they only stay at Values. They were at Caribbean Beach a few weeks ago. Thankfully it looks like the powers that be isolated them to only Trinidad North, but they are still stating common areas.

The chanting is the least of my worries, although that is uncalled for and annoying, especially depending on where you are. But I've had friends who have had horrible 'group mentality' type things happen to them involving these groups, and it shouldn't be allowed. Period! Unfortunately, the idea of hiring the Brazilian CM's as liaisons has seemed to be somewhat a failure.

marlyn
07-26-2014, 11:45 AM
This is correct. I think we lucked out a few weeks ago, being at WDW during the World Cup. There were definitely groups there (although a lot from Argentina this year as well), but not like I thought it would be. Seems many stayed home for the World Cup.

So, does that mean they will be there for my 2 weeks August 2-16?

yankeesfan123
07-26-2014, 12:14 PM
So, does that mean they will be there for my 2 weeks August 2-16?

They see ALWAYS there and have been for almost 20 years.

January and July, as mentioned earlier, are peak months, but that doesn't mean they don't go during the other 10 months.

1goofydad
07-26-2014, 08:32 PM
There was more we witnessed but did not get into on this site. I did say they were rude and unruly.
I was told by the manager on duty about them staying at POP and All Stars, But then again I was also told they were not to act the way they did and there was nothing that could be done. That is also not true because while waiting for the Light Motor action show, a cast member signaled them to stop chanting, and they stopped.....for about 5 minutes. He came out again and told them enough, and they stopped it for good.
It is my understanding they go Dec, Jan and Feb and also June July and August.
We save to go and enjoy the trip, not to deal with what we had to and not to be told oh sorry, we can't do anything:confused:. That is my opinion as others have there opinion and enjoy the groups.
I have always thought of Disney to be a family vacation:thumbsup:, not a place for unsupervised teens with one leader per group:(.
We have been there many time over the years with the tour groups and this is the first time we experienced poor behavior from the groups and the Cast Members.Again this is my opinion and had you seen and heard the behavior that day at EPCOT you may agree.

yankeesfan123
07-26-2014, 08:52 PM
They see ALWAYS there and have been for almost 20 years.

January and July, as mentioned earlier, are peak months, but that doesn't mean they don't go during the other 10 months.

Posting from my phone = spelling and grammatical errors.

I apologize.

I blame john for not having an app.

Capt_redshirt
07-26-2014, 10:17 PM
The single rider line is merely for folks who want to fill in the single seats. It's not important for them to sit with their party. It doesn't mean it's for people who entered the park by them self that day.
You'd rather have empty seats go around? Putting your groups, or anyone, in the single rider line makes the standby line shorter.

I dont believe that was where the poster you commented was going. there are 2 thoughts on how to handle a group that large. sure you could send them through the single rider line but what that does is add a group 50 large or more into the line which skews the single rider time wait limit or you sent them through the normal stand by line which means you can get 10 cars out while still using 1 from the single rider if your in the group why not enjoy the ride as a group. the other thing is when you are in a tour group it is important to be with your group at all time they have those itinerary down pat and dont like it when one or two straggle off

Katzateer
07-27-2014, 07:43 AM
We have had problems over the years with other big groups. Some of the cheerleaders have been the most annoying but it depends on how well they are supervised. We usually head away from the big tour groups. Our biggest problem was at Epcot before illuminations with the Brazil groups Arriving last minute and crowding in.

Would Disney really let them book rooms if they TRASHED them? :(. So far at POP I haven't had any problems. Have at Riverside and that's when we stopped staying there.

Cheshire_Girl
07-27-2014, 09:19 AM
Was at MK. There was a large group in line for BTMRR- they where already on the ramp almost to the loading platform when they started chanting. It was so loud!
They got thru their chant about 3 times and a CM came and shut 'em down. Some of us actually clapped when they were told they had to stop!
I was happy to see a CM actually do something about it
These groups have to be the rudest people I have ever encountered on property.

Hog
07-27-2014, 12:33 PM

I know what the single rider line is for. Thats why I said it is unfair for people who are actually single riders and not part of a group. The people who the rest of their family doesn't want to ride or are solo visitors. When a tour GROUP fills the single rider line it defeats the purpose. You mean to tell me they all travel from Brazil or where ever else to come to Disney world to ride a attraction by themselves? I am sure if they could they would all ride together. But in this instance it did work out for me because I wait stand by because everyone in my family enjoys test track.

TheHD
07-27-2014, 07:03 PM
Just got back stayed the 15th-23rd. The first week, I was surprised at how few BTG there were and how mellow they were. Then when Monday hit, BAM!, many, many more and much more obnoxious.

Melanie
07-27-2014, 07:10 PM
Just got back stayed the 15th-23rd. The first week, I was surprised at how few BTG there were and how mellow they were. Then when Monday hit, BAM!, many, many more and much more obnoxious.

Yep, I think that supports my theory that many planned their trips for after the World Cup.

TheHD
07-27-2014, 07:11 PM
Yeah, that was my guess as well. Didn't think that one through when I booked it 7-months ago.

texas211
07-28-2014, 08:12 PM
Hate dealing w/ the BTGs. We travel more at the off peak times now that the wife is no longer a teacher. Much easier, and fewer BTG. Though I always keep an extra roll of quarters in my bag, in case there is a mix up.

tinkx2
07-29-2014, 10:41 AM
I know what the single rider line is for. Thats why I said it is unfair for people who are actually single riders and not part of a group. The people who the rest of their family doesn't want to ride or are solo visitors. When a tour GROUP fills the single rider line it defeats the purpose. You mean to tell me they all travel from Brazil or where ever else to come to Disney world to ride a attraction by themselves? I am sure if they could they would all ride together. But in this instance it did work out for me because I wait stand by because everyone in my family enjoys test track.

I think that if the CM knows this is going on and they only put one person in from the single line onto the ride and then it would take forever for all 50 of these people to ride this maybe people wouldn't try to use the single line like that. The first person would get off the ride and have to stand there forever waiting on all 50 people to get off.

Mfarquar
07-29-2014, 01:39 PM

That's so great to hear! Glad to see that there are been some improvements on this front :)

Mfarquar
07-29-2014, 01:45 PM
I think that if the CM knows this is going on and they only put one person in from the single line onto the ride and then it would take forever for all 50 of these people to ride this maybe people wouldn't try to use the single line like that. The first person would get off the ride and have to stand there forever waiting on all 50 people to get off.

Also, it really doesn't make a difference whether the people are from the same group or total strangers. They will fulfill a need - to prevent cars/ride vehicles leaving the station with empty seats. Otherwise, these seats would just sit empty.

As long as these people in the single rider line are not begging/arguing to be kept together and as long as the CM is not being lazy and letting 2 guests from the single rider line through without asking for a group of 2 from the regular line, this is just efficient management of the line.

Whether or not the guests in the single rider line know each other does not negatively affect wait time. In fact, Single Rider Lines help reduce the overall wait time - a group is willing to be broken up and fill vacancies that will be there whether or not anyone is in the Single Rider Line - they're less people holding up the regular line. This is why theme parks employ the Single Rider Line option.

I don't see how this is breaking any sort of park rule or regulation.

epceddie
07-29-2014, 02:00 PM
If Orlando is so popular with Brazilians, maybe Disney could cash in and build a park in Brazil somewhere. If the BTGs didn't have to fly all the way here, they'd have more money to spend in their own country. We have had good and bad experiences with BTGs. No one should be allowed to behave badly in the parks. Foreign visitors should be held to the same standards as everyone else. They're visitors and they should be more respectful of the people around them. I dare say that if an American group went to Brazil and tried to pull some of the stuff that groups who come here get away with, it would be dealt with quickly.