PDA

View Full Version : 18th Anniversary Trip. Day 3...

mamatedd
07-24-2014, 12:49 PM
Day 3: Our Animal Kingdom Day!

I woke up early, again, to catch the sunrise. DH and I headed over AK for park opening and we had FP+ for the first FOTLK show. We queued up by 9:30, but we're not let into the shaded area of the queue until 9:40, with another 10 minute wait until we sat in the gloriously air conditioned theater. Tip- bring water for your wait. And, the wait is worth it. We got excellent seats in the elephant section and the show was awesome, as always! I love this show so much that I always feel like I could cry because it makes me so happy! Not kidding!:blush:

We then have FP+ for the KS. We had a great Safari Guide, saw tons of animals, including a close encounter with a rhino. Wow, are they huge!

We headed back to AKL for a break and a swim. After a poolside cocktail, we headed over to Epcot. On our way out, we were approached by a DVC salesperson while looking at the big ceremonial mask in the lobby. I thought he was going to tell us some cool facts about the mask. Instead he informed us how much money we were throwing away by not buying DVC points. I assured him I'd done my research, and was confidant it wasn't for us. He pressed on, until it was practically necessary to say "look,buddy. Not interested." I would expect this at a cheaper timeshare type resort, but at $400+/night? :(

The sky looked a little ominous, but DH was sure it would blow over. Good thing we are the "have ponchos, will do Disney" types because it was torrential! Like, hilariously, torrential! We did SE with, surprisingly, almost no wait.

Rain let up a bit and we did World Showcase. Had dinner and margaritas in Mexico. I asked DH if he wanted to do 3 Cabilleros again. No surprise, he did not.:D

We headed back to AKL before Illuminations because, in spite of our ponchos, we were soaked to the bone! Overall, another great day!

faline
07-24-2014, 05:48 PM
Yes, after your previous experience, I would have avoided the 3 Caballeros (did I spell that correctly) at all costs!

I have had many interactions with Disney Vacation Club sales folks - that person is not the norm. On a couple of occasions, we went on the vacation club tour and made it clear we were not going to purchase that day and would likely purchase on the resale market (which we ended up doing). The sales person we met with was very professional and did not pressure us in any way. Ditto for the person we spoke to at the resort where we first arranged our vacation club tour.

Glad you always find the fun in whatever you're doing regardless of glitches and weather! What a great outlook you have!!

yjgirl32
07-25-2014, 07:53 AM
Sorry to hear about the sales person. SO un-disney like. Glad to hear you are having a good day otherwise. Well except for the rain.

cer
07-25-2014, 08:01 AM
Glad you were able to get on SE today!

KylesMom
07-26-2014, 11:59 PM
I know what you mean about FotLK - one of my all time favorites as well!

A good day split between AK and Epcot. Isn't it amazing how torrential those storms can be while at Disney World? Glad you did not let it ruin your evening! :mickey:

vizsla
08-02-2014, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the report.

hauntedmansiongirl
08-05-2014, 02:56 AM
Finally on SE! That's good! I can't believe that it ever has a line! I've honestly never seen one in all our trips. I guess that's part of the new guest redistribution with FP+?!!