PDA

View Full Version : Osborne Lights?

Rapunzel384
07-24-2014, 11:43 AM
Hi! I have heard discussion that the Osborne Lights may not be returning, and I was wondering if anyone has been to DHS recently, to see if the lights were being hung on the Streets of America yet? I know they go up sometime during the later part of summer, but I wasn't sure when. I just figured that IF they were being hung, that would be a good indication that it was returning.

Thanks!

Cheshire_Girl
07-24-2014, 12:30 PM
I've heard that they are indeed going to be up , this year at least
Not sure of the exact date but I'm pretty sure it's mid November!
Hopefully some one can chime in with dates
Can't wait :-)

DizneyFreak2002
07-24-2014, 01:56 PM
The lights are safe for this year...

Pirate Granny
07-24-2014, 07:49 PM
Yeah !!! :mickey::thumbsup:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
07-25-2014, 11:40 AM
The lights are safe for this year...

I simply can't imagine going to DHS in Nov/Dec and not having Osborne Lights. Other than the Candlelight Processional at EPCOT, Osbourne Family Lights are probably my next favorite Christmas tradition at WDW.

Any reason given for why they might discontinue the lights? I'm still upset that they removed the EPCOT lights at Christmas along the corridor that connects Future World with World Showcase. I always thought those arches were a nice touch.

Hopefully this isn't all to save a couple $$$$

joonyer
07-25-2014, 12:51 PM
We're going at Christmas for the first time this year, so this will be the first chance I've had to see them in person. Glad they'll be around at least this year.

Roger's #1 Fan
07-25-2014, 12:57 PM
Any reason given for why they might discontinue the lights?

Several of the extreme makeover scenarios for DHS included repurposing this area of the park and I think that is where the uncertainty came from.

ransam
07-25-2014, 04:19 PM
How does someone get their kid to be the one to flick the switch?

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
07-30-2014, 12:09 PM
Can someone share how they know it is good to go for this year? I just called WDW again, about third time, and I am told the same, they don't know until it gets closer to the season. Call back in a few weeks.I am like, don't know what? Whether they are going to be run or not. Was someone told otherwise?

Hard to plan trying to find a good airfare when you don't know if they are going to run or not.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
07-30-2014, 12:17 PM
I just called again ( 07.30.14 - 12:16 PM EST) and was told by a CM that the Osborne lights are not running. Was some told otherwise?