PDA

View Full Version : 5 days till I can make FP+ ressies - MDE question

Gregandmel
07-24-2014, 11:35 AM
My dh and I will be going to WDW 9/27. All my information states that on July 29th I can log on to MDE to make FP+ reservations. I have everything set up on the MDE website and all looks well. Reservations at POFQ are showing up correctly and I have linked our park passes. Here is my question:

I am looking at the calendar on the MDE (where you can select a date to make the FP+ - I'm just playing around right now to get a feel for it all) and it appears that the only open dates that i can choose from is 30 days out. From now through mid/late August The calendar is greyed out for the next 60+ days. Meaning that the dates I want to choose in September appear that they won't open up until at least 30 days ahead of time. Come July 29th - will the system "know" that I can select my FP's on that date?

I hope this makes sense. :blush:

Gregandmel
07-24-2014, 11:49 AM
To further clarify - on MDE it appears that I can make FP ressies through Aug. 23rd. In 5 days - my concern is that it will show that I can only make them through Aug. 28th (60 days out - not 30). I guess I thought the system would "know" that I am staying on site and would show (as of today for example) that I could make reservations through Sept. 22nd. I hope this helps understand my confusing questions.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-24-2014, 12:03 PM
Yes, when you reach your 60-day mark, you will be able to make your FP+ reservations for a trip 60 days in the future.

I'm not sure how the system knows, but I had the same thing prior to my 60-day mark, but when the day arrived all was good and I made my FP+ reservations with no issues.

Just make sure that your resort stay and your park tickets (if not purchased through Disney) are appearing in MDE, so they know you are a resort guest, so you can book FP+ for each day of your tickets.

DizneyRox
07-24-2014, 12:17 PM
I'm not sure how the system knows, but I had the same thing prior to my 60-day mark, but when the day arrived all was good and I made my FP+ reservations with no issues.
It's 60 days from a hotel reservation (which needs to be linked), as long as you also have park passes linked to your account. Otherwise you're an off-site guest and only get 30 days.

No tickets, no fast passes

Gregandmel
07-24-2014, 12:18 PM
Thanks for your response. Yes - the tickets and the resort stay are all showing up. Can't wait to try out the new system. I am even taking the plunge and getting a smart phone today just so I have access to everything at my fingertips. Been wanting to do it but this gave me added incentive. ha ha

MargaretMessler
07-24-2014, 05:35 PM
Side question (not to hijack the original posting), is it sort of like the 180 day +10 window, where on that 60th day out you can book FP+ for your entire stay? Or do you have to do it a day at a time.

Also do you have to do the days IN ORDER?

faline
07-24-2014, 05:40 PM
Side question (not to hijack the original posting), is it sort of like the 180 day +10 window, where on that 60th day out you can book FP+ for your entire stay? Or do you have to do it a day at a time.

Also do you have to do the days IN ORDER?

I seem to recall I could book all my days once I reached 60 days from my checkin day. I don't think you need to do them in order. You can select which day you want to work on and book your passes for that date.

conan617
07-24-2014, 10:54 PM
My dh and I will be going to WDW 9/27.

Cool. I arrive at WDW on the same day. I'll be at Universal for a few days first though. Ill be making my FP+ reservations at the same time. Let us know how it goes!:mickey: