PDA

View Full Version : How to find a specific pin?

iheartdisney
07-24-2014, 09:36 AM
How do you go about finding a specific pin? Someone posted a picture of a pin that I just have to have! It's the one that shows the pic of the child and adult "dancing" with the red circle and line through it - the "keep your arms inside the vehicle" sign. Because I can't even give a short description of the pin, I don't even know how to search for it.

Does anyone out there have a direction they can point me towards? Any advice?

Thanks!

VAdizneefan
07-24-2014, 09:55 AM
I Googled it (gotta love Google.) :)

The pin is apparently a completer pin to the Map Icons collection.

Google this and you'll find pics and some info. Looks like it might be hard to find, I didn't see any on Ebay.

"Disney Hidden Mickey Pin - Map Icons - Hands and Feet Inside"

Mickey'sGirl
07-24-2014, 10:13 AM
We call it the "No High 5s" pin. :blush: ... but I think VAdizneefan's official description might help you find it. :thumbsup:

kbean
07-24-2014, 10:41 AM
Thats an older pin so finding it may be tuff. Are you one for the chase? If so then enjoy the hunt in the parks. Its out there. Just gonna have to look. Be surprised how many times you casually walk past a cast member and from the corner of your eye you spot the pin you need.

If just looking to get, ebay it. Usually can get for a few bucks.

CanadianWDWFan
07-24-2014, 10:42 AM
Love your description of the "dancing" figures! :D You can find it at the parks, though it might be a bit hard. We found ours on a resort pin board. We always check out the pin boards at all the resorts and the pin trading stations. Keep going back and asking, you never know what you can find.

I had to go and snap a picture of ours for you!

iheartdisney
07-24-2014, 03:37 PM
Thanks, everyone! @CanadianWDWfan - since my kids could ask what that picture means, I've always told them it means, "No dancing!" It's a well-worn family joke now so getting that pin would be priceless! I'm on a mission!

I appreciate everyone's help!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-26-2014, 09:59 PM
That is a cute pin! I might have to keep an eye out on our upcoming trip. :)

JanetMegan
07-28-2014, 11:03 AM
A few of the older members here will call that the "No Bad Dancing" Pin. I might have an extra, I'll look through my traders ;)

iheartdisney
07-28-2014, 08:11 PM
A few of the older members here will call that the "No Bad Dancing" Pin. I might have an extra, I'll look through my traders ;)

I'm willing to trade! (Fingers crossed you find an extra!)

TheHD
07-31-2014, 02:27 PM
I grabbed this pin from a CM back in 2013, because of an inside family joke we have. I saw at least one on a CM's lanyard or pin board this last trip in July as well.

On a side note, I like how now many of the shops carry some unique type of pin board.

BigRedDad
12-29-2014, 05:59 AM
I am learning a lot on pins. I cannot post the real name of the site, but there is a Disney Pin collection site. I am not sure if it is official, but go to pin pics. It has a massive database of all Disney pins and helps you on sets or ideas to start collecting.

iheartdisney
01-01-2015, 07:00 PM
I am learning a lot on pins. I cannot post the real name of the site, but there is a Disney Pin collection site. I am not sure if it is official, but go to pin pics. It has a massive database of all Disney pins and helps you on sets or ideas to start collecting.

Thank you so much!