PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Orchestra and Pixar

Katzateer
07-23-2014, 08:13 AM
Concert this weekend at Verizon Hall at Kimmel Center. All Pixar music. Didn't think I would be able to get off work - but I found someone to work for me. This will be my first Philadelphia Orchestra concert- so excited!

Going to try Federal Donuts in Rittenhouse Square. Have been hearing great things about their donuts and fried chicken. And they have a huge campaign going on to feed the homeless in Philly area.

Hammer
07-24-2014, 10:31 AM
Oh, enjoy! I love the Philadelphia Orchestra! :play::tuba:

Regarding Federal Donuts, I go to the shop on Samson, off of 16th, which I think is the one you are talking about. I LOVE the cinnamon sugar donuts :tasty:! I have had the chicken with honey donut and while it was fine, it wasn't all that, if you know what I mean. Also, the portion is small for the money charged. I absolutely recommend their donuts, but not the donut/chicken combo.

I do recommend Joe's Pizza, which is on 16th by Sansom. Pizza is delicious and the slices are large! I can get 2 gourmet slices like bbq chicken or the veggie (so many veggies on it!) and a drink for under 10 dollars. :pizza:

Katzateer
07-25-2014, 09:08 AM
Oh, enjoy! I love the Philadelphia Orchestra! :play::tuba:

Regarding Federal Donuts, I go to the shop on Samson, off of 16th, which I think is the one you are talking about. I LOVE the cinnamon sugar donuts :tasty:! I have had the chicken with honey donut and while it was fine, it wasn't all that, if you know what I mean. Also, the portion is small for the money charged. I absolutely recommend their donuts, but not the donut/chicken combo.

I do recommend Joe's Pizza, which is on 16th by Sansom. Pizza is delicious and the slices are large! I can get 2 gourmet slices like bbq chicken or the veggie (so many veggies on it!) and a drink for under 10 dollars. :pizza:

Thanks for all the suggestions! We will have a chance to try them all with Stephanie starting back to school soon.

The tickets are selling well for the concert so now I think we are just going to Reading Terminal, get some food to go and head on over to the Kimmel Center. I don't mind waiting in line for the $10 tickets, but I want to get there in plenty of time to make sure we get them. First time not getting tickets in advance. Hope it works out.

Katzateer
07-27-2014, 08:14 AM
The concert was a lot of fun yesterday.I am glad we went. As far as the community rush tickets, which I have been wanting to try for a couple of years, I am glad I took a chance and was able to get our cheap tickets!!

Get there early! I was told on the phone different information than what actually happened. Our train got in a little after 10am, we took a taxi to the Kimmel Center. When we walked in we were asked if we wanted Rush tickets and were given a paper ticket like the kind you get at carnivals that comes off rolls. Told to come back at 11:15 and were guaranteed a ticket but had to get in line for box office ticket with seat assignment. Ticket window opened at 11:30, got our $10 ticket and didn't have to do anything else, just be back for show at 2pm.

Our seats were great! PECO sponsors the seats and only 30 were given out for that performance. Lots of people came in close to the 11:15 time and did not get a rush seat. I am so glad we got there early. It really did not involve that much waiting and I saved $80+ and still got great seats.

VWL Mom
07-27-2014, 05:55 PM
Glad everything worked out, you were able to get the tickets and have an enjoyable day.

Hammer
07-27-2014, 09:19 PM
Glad you got your seats, but you know what a foodie I am, so I want to know where you and your daughter ended up having lunch ;) :eat:!

Katzateer
07-28-2014, 07:46 AM
Glad you got your seats, but you know what a foodie I am, so I want to know where you and your daughter ended up having lunch ;) :eat:!

Jimmy Johns.....I know, just a sub but very good and it was one of our favorite places to eat in Oxford Ohio ( where we lived for 20 years). I missed not getting to stop at Crumbs. Amazing they all went out of business.

We didn't even walk over to Rittenhouse but did go into Paper Source, an art store (Blick) and I got my Broadway Alladdin soundtrack, which I have been wanting to get for months.

Walked by the place we ate at for our meet - glad it s still in business.

PirateLover
07-28-2014, 02:53 PM
We attended on Friday night. There were a few technical glitches, but everything was fixed rather quickly. It was a fun show. One thing that always baffles me is the number of people who bring small children/infants to shows like this. I get that it's Pixar, but it's still an Orchestra concert! Luckily none of the kids caused too much of a problem, but you could tell they were starting to get tired and cranky by the end of the show. (Friday night's show ended a little before 10pm).

Katzateer
07-28-2014, 04:16 PM
There were a lot of small kids at the afternoon show but I didn't hear a peep out of them during the show. I was surprised how well behaved they were and either they were entertained or fell asleep. Lol. Guess being a 2 pm show helped - 10pm is late for toddler / grade school kids.