PDA

View Full Version : “Walt Disney,” a four-hour, two-night film

Imalismom
07-22-2014, 09:04 PM
Just got this in my email:

JULY 22, 2014 | 10:45AM PT
Whitney Friedlander
News Editor (Variety)

PBS and American Experience are taking a look at the man behind the mouse and will air “Walt Disney,” a four-hour, two-night film that aims to explore the life and legacy of the iconic film producer and business magnate.

The film is spearheaded by biopic veterans director-producer Sarah Colt (“RFK,” “Henry Ford”) and writer Mark Zwonitzer (“JFK,” “Triangle Fire”) and promises to showcase archival footage and interviews with artists who worked with him on “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” and Imagineers who helped design Disneyland.

“For many Americans — and for me — the twinkle and swish of the Sunday night Disney logo was pure magic. It was an invitation to a special event,” said Beth Hoppe, chief programming officer and general manager, general audience programming for PBS. “For my kids, introducing them to animated Disney movies from ‘Beauty and the Beast’ to ‘The Lion King’ brought us great joy and taught them life lessons. Now viewers of all ages can learn about the life and legacy of the man behind the magic and his continuing impact on our lives and culture.”

“Walt Disney is an entrepreneurial and cultural icon,” said American Experience executive producer Mark Samels. “No single figure shaped American culture in the 20th century more than he.”

The TV movie will air in fall 2015 on PBS.

PirateLover
07-24-2014, 12:38 PM
I recently finished reading Walt Disney: An American Original. Very much looking forward to this! :thumbsup::mickey:

ransam
08-25-2014, 01:46 AM
any updated dates on this?

BrerGnat
08-25-2014, 08:25 AM
Still Fall 2015. It is currently in production.