PDA

View Full Version : Are you finding you are able to get on attractions with FP+?

princessgirls
07-22-2014, 02:00 PM
Honest answer....

We are planning a November trip to WDW. I have made the ADR's, made a My Disney Experience Account, and am waiting to book my 3 Fast Passes when my window opens. That being said....
In the past we were fast pass runners, and that system worked for us, and were able to enjoy attractions!
I am hoping I am pleasantly surprised, and enjoy the whole new Fast Pass + system, but at the same time, I'm nervous, that we will be waiting for stuff that we enjoyed in the past with little wait.
So, I ask my fellow Intercotees, what is realistic? Will we still be able to enjoy all of our favorites more than 1 time in a day? If stand by wasn't long for Space Mountain, my girls would do single rider multiple times in the past. I am at least encouraged that they have continued to tweak the system for the better as time as gone on.
I welcome your feedback!
Julie:mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-22-2014, 02:06 PM
When we went in May, the crowds were pretty high on weekends, and the answer to that was "No" in the afternoons. Mornings on most days we walked up on several things and changed those FPs quickly to the afternoon on another attraction. I'm expecting it to be typical summer crowds in a couple of weeks, so we are trying to make sure we are booking our FPs carefully.

yankeesfan123
07-22-2014, 02:06 PM
Honest answer....

We are planning a November trip to WDW. I have made the ADR's, made a My Disney Experience Account, and am waiting to book my 3 Fast Passes when my window opens. That being said....
In the past we were fast pass runners, and that system worked for us, and were able to enjoy attractions!
I am hoping I am pleasantly surprised, and enjoy the whole new Fast Pass + system, but at the same time, I'm nervous, that we will be waiting for stuff that we enjoyed in the past with little wait.
So, I ask my fellow Intercotees, what is realistic? Will we still be able to enjoy all of our favorites more than 1 time in a day? If stand by wasn't long for Space Mountain, my girls would do single rider multiple times in the past. I am at least encouraged that they have continued to tweak the system for the better as time as gone on.
I welcome your feedback!

I think the "ride E tickets 3-4 times a day" thing has gone out the window with the new system (which I, personally, am more than okay with).

mickeys_princess_mom
07-22-2014, 02:08 PM
And we are planning to be the Queens of Rope Drop!
:mickey:

Strmchsr
07-22-2014, 02:40 PM
I think the "ride E tickets 3-4 times a day" thing has gone out the window with the new system (which I, personally, am more than okay with).

Agreed on the statement, though I dislike the new system as my family only really likes certain rides and enjoyed doing them more than once. The other issue is you'll notice a wait now for things that used to never have a long wait - Imagination, Pirates, etc. Why they added those when a FP was never needed in the past is beyond me. All it's done is make the standby line longer. But, the new system isn't going anywhere so we just make the best of it and enjoy what we can.

DizneyRox
07-22-2014, 03:19 PM
I'm hearing that it's pretty much evened out the lines. You'll find that attractions that didn't have a line before, now have lines, rides that had lines before, continue to have lines. We could get 7-8 fastpasses in the past. With the new system, it's going to be 3, maybe 4.

You really need to plan...

Plan on rope drop for attractions you want to see but were unable to get FP for. New rides, like 7DMT are pretty much only available with a FP (I heard the line hits like 60+ minutes shortly after park opening, stays there and more all day).

Keep in mind, 4th + are only available AFTER your first 3 expire, so make sure the times are early morning to have a hope at something good later in the day.

OR, save them for a second park later in the day and standby everything in the first park at rope drop.

I don't think there's much way to game the system anymore. You can always complain about something and hope to get a bonus though. :thumbsup:

VacationDisney
07-22-2014, 03:53 PM
I am also one that believes that rides, in the past, that did not have long wait times will now have them:(

Our past trip in December 2013 was not a very memorable trip as our bands would not allow us to get FP+. We did call tech support but after waiting on the phone BOTH times, on 2 different days, for over 30 minutes we decided the park was more important than the phone call to tech support. So we had issues. At the time they still allowed guests to use their room key at the kiosks to get FP passes so we ended up using the old system. We did get to do what we wanted and that was fine with us.

We are going in about 40 days and have secured our FP+ rides for the upcoming trip. I do dread the wait times for the rides we did not do this for:(

Keeping our fingers crossed that all goes well, because this system is going to be around for a long, long time.

princessgirls
07-23-2014, 11:15 AM
Thanks for all your feedback!!!

Rope Drop and game plan! As long as we get on attractions my family will keep the complaints to a minimum.

I still can't see how people waiting in longer lines is going to be a good thing? That means they are out spending less money....

#1donaldfan
07-23-2014, 12:16 PM
FP+ worked for us very well. We did all we wanted to do and more.....the only change was we didn't have to run to the next kiosk to get the next pass......the ONLY thing is on many days on previous trips we were able to get FP's for more than 3 rides, AND when they allowed us to use FP's after the expiration times ..... the current system works very well for us. :mickey:

Dulcee
07-24-2014, 07:31 AM
The FP+ system worked well for us on our last trip. For us we planned fast passes for the afternoon when lines got long and hit other big items shortly after opening. Other then the glitchy app at that time we really didn't have any complaints.