PDA

View Full Version : Shades of Green

disneynarula
07-22-2014, 09:01 AM
My friend is joining us on our upcoming trip. She is staying at another resort (Shades of Green). Will she be able to book Fastpass+ 60 days out as long as she has her park tickets too?

ruffles
07-22-2014, 12:24 PM
Yes she can book her FP+. Depending on where you are staying if you wanted she could also get you reservations for Shades of Green. She is allowed to sponsor guests into the resort. Also depending on the size of your party she can get the Military Special Tickets with Park Hopper. She can get 6 sets of 4 day tickets for $165.00 per ticket or if going after September 2014 they will be $177.00.

Melanie
07-22-2014, 01:11 PM
Is Shades of Green 30 days or 60 days out?

disneynarula
07-23-2014, 04:47 AM
We qualify to stay at Shades of Green but I want the dining plan. Skip the second paragraph if you want to avoid my Dining Plan Rant.

I know it's not a good deal at all but I have a good reason. I have posted about my reasons in other threads. Mostly my DH is cheap when it comes to eating out and looks for every opportunity to pack sack lunches and dinner. Getting the Disney Dining plan is the only way I can ensure that I will eat out every day. I have thought about just creating a food budget and talking about it with him but I know how it will turn out it the end. With the free dining promotion it makes more sense to stay on property, for us.

I am really bummed we can't stay at the same resort with my friend but we each have to do what works for us. I just want to be able to do the FastPass selections with her. I was able to add her to my friends and family list and link her to my dining reservations. Once she has her tickets purchased can she link them to her account? Even if it is the military discount tickets?

VWL Mom
07-23-2014, 06:29 AM
Is Shades of Green 30 days or 60 days out?

I believe it's 30 days out.

Katzateer
07-23-2014, 08:03 AM
Now that I have seen the late fall "discounts" we will be keeping our SOG reservation for December. I can't imagine trying to link 2 parties staying at different locations. Hope it works out for you. I feel like I am planning an off-site vacation now. But from what I have heard, the resort rooms will be worth it.

My dining, without room reservation, is showing up no problem on My Disney Experience. Have not linked tickets to it yet. Not sure if it was so easy since I have an August trip at POP already planned but just dining is working for me.

wdwfansince75
07-23-2014, 09:10 AM
Now that I have seen the late fall "discounts" we will be keeping our SOG reservation for December. I can't imagine trying to link 2 parties staying at different locations. Hope it works out for you. I feel like I am planning an off-site vacation now. But from what I have heard, the resort rooms will be worth it.

Not sure if it was so easy since I have an August trip at POP already planned but just dining is working for me.

Might I suggest that you purchase your December tickets at SOG while you are there in August...then, you will have them to do FP+ when your window opens. From prior experience, SOG can sell the post-September Military Salute tickets since Disney has already announced next year's program. Or they can sell their regular tickets, tax free. Either way, you would have tickets for your Dec trip in hand.

Melanie
07-23-2014, 09:22 AM
We qualify to stay at Shades of Green but I want the dining plan. Skip the second paragraph if you want to avoid my Dining Plan Rant.

I know it's not a good deal at all but I have a good reason. I have posted about my reasons in other threads. Mostly my DH is cheap when it comes to eating out and looks for every opportunity to pack sack lunches and dinner. Getting the Disney Dining plan is the only way I can ensure that I will eat out every day. I have thought about just creating a food budget and talking about it with him but I know how it will turn out it the end. With the free dining promotion it makes more sense to stay on property, for us.

I am really bummed we can't stay at the same resort with my friend but we each have to do what works for us. I just want to be able to do the FastPass selections with her. I was able to add her to my friends and family list and link her to my dining reservations. Once she has her tickets purchased can she link them to her account? Even if it is the military discount tickets?

Yes, it doesn't matter where the tickets are purchased, or what type of tickets they are. But like I mentioned earlier, you may be able to do FP+ selections at 60 days out, but your friend not until 30 days out.

disneynarula
07-23-2014, 10:26 AM
I also don't know if she can book the room for us since my DH is a DoD employee. I don't know for sure but I don't think you can book a room for someone who qualifies for the resort themselves.

At the rate we have to pay it's not that good of a deal if you take free dining in concern.

It's a big hassle. I considered just putting her into our hotel room with us but I think that three adults, a child and an infant is going to be too crowded.

pcoleman
07-26-2014, 01:38 PM
She is at 30 days out and she will have to go into system every night at midnight to obtain her FP's. She will not be able to do entire trip all at once as you will be able to do at 60. Just finished doing this myself.