PDA

View Full Version : Gratuities and Disney gift cards

Main Street Jim
07-21-2014, 06:32 PM
Can you use a Disney gift card for gratuities at table-service restaurants?

kakn7294
07-21-2014, 07:55 PM
I'm not sure as we gave a cash gratuity with our gift card payments. I would think not since they deduct the amount immediately from the card.

Pirate Granny
07-21-2014, 10:14 PM
Our tips always went on the card...but to be fair, we used TIW and so the tip was always included on the bill. 1/2 the time we did give 20% and a couple of times they were lucky to get the standard 18%.

Terra
07-22-2014, 10:32 AM
I have added a tip when paying with the gift card [on the gift card!] so I would think yes! :)
Can't believe both of our trips are so close!!

lawgirl
07-22-2014, 10:52 AM
I usually leave the gratuity on the gift cards. I try to buy enough gift cards through the year and I have been pretty good as just using gift cards for our trip dining expenses.

DizneyRox
07-22-2014, 12:15 PM
I think Disney Gift Cards are OK, but Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards were a problem last time I was at the world.

Because the don't actually charge until after you sign the tip amount, I think Visa/ was declining the hold they were putting on (probably because it exceeded the amount on the car)..

I was able to use the same cards at CS locations but TS locations (and I tried at several) always declined the Visa gift cards. Funny thing, the gift cards were a cash back for a DVC purchase, so they were provided to me BY Disney, but I couldn't use them where I wanted.