PDA

View Full Version : Which plan sounds best?

crazygoalie39
07-21-2014, 12:56 PM
I'm trying to get things solidified as our 180 day mark is closely approaching and just looking for some input on which plan seems better. Numbers are crowd predictor numbers. Monday is President's Day and Tuesday is Mardi Gras. The crowd predictor website has MK as an 8 and the rest as 9s for P-Day.

Plan #1
Sunday: Epcot-8
Monday: MK-8
Tuesday: AK-8
Wednesday: DHS-7
Thursday: MK-6
Friday: Epcot-3

Plan #2
Sunday: MK-8
Monday: MK-8
Wednesday: Epcot-4
Thursday: DHS-6

I'm leaning towards Plan 1 because the MKs would be spread out and one would be a 6, but Plan 2 has an Epcot as a 4 and DHS as a 6.

Janmac
07-21-2014, 04:12 PM
The time we're going has a similar dilemma. I've opted for Epcot anyway because the walkways are wider, allowing for better crowd movement. And we don't feel so cramped or as tho we're shuffling along. Basically, Epcot 9 is easier to deal with than MK 8. Especially if MK winds up being more than anticipated.

How about this plan?

Plan #3
Sunday: MK-8
Monday: Epcot-9
Wednesday: DHS-7
Thursday: MK-6

Good luck!

Jan

faline
07-21-2014, 05:44 PM
If you're going Presidents' Day week, all parks will be very crowded especially the Magic Kingdom. On vey crowded days, Epcot tends to handle the crowds better than other parks. Regardless of what the crowd indicators say (and I'm not so sure they are very accurate), be prepared for crowds and long lines. Bring plenty of patience, make your must do fastpass+ reservations as soon as possible, and make dining reservations at all your "must-do" restaurants.

These are he times when I find park hopping to be particularly helpful. If eligible, use extra extra magic hour mornings whenever possible and then park hop when things get too crazy My "go to" park for afternoons when parks are very hectic is typically Epcot. Otherwise, I'll spend some afternoon time at my resort before venturing back into the park(s) in the evening.

Goofeygal
07-22-2014, 08:09 AM
I agree with the last post, presidents day is one of the busiest days at Disney.