PDA

View Full Version : Attractions closed during the fireworks

RBrooksC
07-21-2014, 08:39 AM
When my wife and I go to WDW in September, it is going to be a quick three day trip.

We aren't going to watch fireworks or things like that.

What attractions, if any, in Fantasyland are closed during the fireworks time?

Strmchsr
07-21-2014, 02:02 PM
I don't believe any are closed. I know I've watched the fireworks from in front of the Pooh ride before and I think all the attractions were still open and running. Hopefully someone can confirm that everything is still open, but I think that's the case.

RBrooksC
07-21-2014, 02:15 PM
Ok, that's good. I think I had read somewhere that some Fantasyland attractions were closed during fireworks.

I just know that we aren't going to take time out of our day to watch the parade/fireworks since we will have limited time in the parks during our weekend.

Going on attractions during these times, during a slower time of the year, will help us enjoy the MK since on Friday and Saturday the week we are going the MK closes at 7 PM for Night of Joy.

That gives us our arrival day to do and see everything we want to see in the MK.

steamboat willy
07-21-2014, 03:55 PM
Rides Go On. Fireworks and parades go on. Same at Illumination & Fantasmic.

FaithTrustPixieDust
07-22-2014, 12:39 PM
We stood in front of the new Mermaid ride and watched the fireworks. All rides were open.

I think they used to close parts of Fantasyland during fireworks, but changed their logistics with the expansion of Fantasyland.

disneynarula
07-23-2014, 11:19 AM
It's a great time to catch some of the more popular rides.

joanna71985
07-25-2014, 04:30 PM
I believe the carousel goes down during fireworks. Also, if it is very windy, parts and/or all of Fantasyland can be closed (I've seen it where all between Peter Pan to Pete's Silly Sideshow had to be closed)

BowTie7
07-25-2014, 07:05 PM
I think I read that parts of the Studios have to close for the Frozen fireworks.

I really can't remember on this one, but does anyone recall if different fireworks shows (especially those with the extra surround fireworks--possibly at the Halloween party) require closing parts of Fantasyland?

I also think that parts of Fantasyland at Disneyland in CA close for the fireworks.

joanna71985
07-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Only if it's really windy. Otherwise it's just the carousel

Buttercup
07-27-2014, 04:33 PM
They do rope off some space between the carousel and the castle during fireworks. You're just not allowed to walk in that area so you have to go the long way around the carousel. But everything is open I believe.