PDA

View Full Version : Romantic CS?

Going2HeavenRU
07-20-2014, 08:23 PM
My DH and I will be celebrating our 7th anniversary at DW this Sept. We are trying to think of a counter service to go to for a romantic meal. It doesn't matter what park or hotel.

Any one have any suggestions?

53 MORE DAYS!!!!

VWL Mom
07-20-2014, 08:56 PM
I would normally suggest getting your cs to go at either the Poly or WL and taking it out to the beach area. Since both of those will be under construction that won't work. There are however some nice tables near the water at CR so you could do it there. Just ask them to pack it to go.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-20-2014, 09:16 PM
For a CS meal, lunch at BOG could be good, since it is in the Beasts castle, and you could pick to sit in the West Wing.

For a resort, POR could be good, find a seat overlooking the water, and then head out on the boat to DTD, take a carriage ride, or head over to the bar for Ye Haa” Bob.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-20-2014, 10:26 PM
For a CS meal, lunch at BOG could be good, since it is in the Beasts castle, and you could pick to sit in the West Wing.

I second that emotion! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
07-20-2014, 10:33 PM
World Showcase, Epcot: I find Katsuru Grill in Japan to be romantic if you eat outside and explore the gardens. Also, Tangierine Cafe (also excellent food). Those mosaic tables in the cool patio area are nice and it feels like an exotic whole new world. :)

Flametree BBQ in AK is also a lovely romantic setting if you take your food to the seating by the river overlooking Everest.

Goofeygal
07-20-2014, 11:44 PM
There is a new counter service restaurant in Moroco called Spice road table.

chefmickey3
07-21-2014, 06:37 AM
I would choose Columbia Harbor House and choose a remote section to sit upstairs. If you like history, the décor is fun and we love the food. Plus, you can sit a table overlooking the Haunted Mansion - quite romantic!

azcavalier
07-21-2014, 11:14 AM
There is a new counter service restaurant in Moroco called Spice road table.

Actually, it's a table service that doesn't take ADRs, much like the Plaza and Beaches and Cream were. So, it's still a walk up, which is nice.

I don't know that I would consider any CS restaurant to be romantic, though BOG would be the closest I could think of. I like all of the ideas of getting the food to go and finding somewhere out of the way (as much as it is possible at WDW). And as the previous poster stated, Columbia Harbor House always has some out of the way seating upstairs.

I guess romance is more in your attitude at WDW than it is about privacy and setting.

steamboat willy
07-21-2014, 01:19 PM
My DH and I will be celebrating our 7th anniversary at DW this Sept. We are trying to think of a counter service to go to for a romantic meal. It doesn't matter what park or hotel.

Any one have any suggestions?

53 MORE DAYS!!!!

Do you have the Free Dining offer for September?

We will be there with you and Celebrating OUR 30th. Some more up scale Counter Service Meals are.

1. Wolfgang Puck Express @ Market Place DTD. Then enjoy the Night Life of DTD.
2. Pepper Market @ Coranado Springs - take food outside to tables by the lake.
3. Contempo Cafe' @ Contemporary Resort.
4. Casey's overlooking The Castle.
5. Yak & Yati Express or Flametree BBQ and take down by Lake overlooking EE.
6. At Our Value Resort, we enjoy taking meals out by the Pool and catch the Movie!
7. Staring Rolls @ DS has some nice tables stuck back out of the way.

We're going to Ohana's on our actual Anniversary.

Enjoy Yours, See You There! 55 days for us.

savafan
07-21-2014, 05:34 PM
1. Wolfgang Puck Express @ Market Place DTD. Then enjoy the Night Life of DTD.

I 2nd this. We had our anniversary dinner at this restaurant 2 years ago, and my wife still considers it one of the nicest meals she's ever had.

Going2HeavenRU
07-21-2014, 06:08 PM
We do have free dining and also received 30% off thanks to a PIN that Disney applied to our account. Nice anniversary present!!

These are all great ideas. Thank you all very much!!!!

Cinderelley
07-22-2014, 12:32 PM
I agree with Port Orleans. When my bf and I went to Disney World, I thought it was very romantic to walk around the resort and cross the bridges, especially in the evenings when the lights were on.

steamboat willy
07-22-2014, 04:42 PM
We do have free dining and also received 30% off thanks to a PIN that Disney applied to our account. Nice anniversary present!!

These are all great ideas. Thank you all very much!!!!

Interesting? I didn't think you could get BOTH Free Dining and a Room Discount.
Very Nice Present!

ThanxForNoticin
07-23-2014, 12:39 PM
It's a bit late to the conversation here, but my wife and I really do have a nice romantic lunch spot! We go to the AKL, enjoy lunch at Mara (one of our favorite CS spots), eat overlooking the pool, and then stroll around the resort to a couple of the animal lookout points. It can be very relaxing for 60-90 minutes!

cer
07-23-2014, 01:53 PM
I agree with Port Orleans. When my bf and I went to Disney World, I thought it was very romantic to walk around the resort and cross the bridges, especially in the evenings when the lights were on.

Port Orleans Riverside is lovely - their dining area is large enough that you can find a place away from other guests. They have a design your own pasta station which is large enough to share - one the chef makes it, it comes served in a box like Chinese take out. It is a great resort with bridges and wooded areas.

I am also going to second everyone who is talking about Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney. This is cool because you order and get your drinks, and then you have a server to handles refills and delivers your meal to you - oh, and the food is super, too. So it is counter service, but not. Follow that up with a stroll down to Ghiradelli to share some sort of ice cream yummy and you have got a great romantic counter service experience.

If you want, you could go to Port Orleans Riverside and explore the grounds, eat dinner there (or not if it does not appeal to you) and then boat over to Downtown Disney and if you haven't eaten dinner go to Wolfgang Pucks or just swing by Ghiradelli's for dessert.

Anytime I can ride a boat instead of a bus...always a good thing. Just sayin'.

Gator
08-11-2014, 03:42 PM
It depends on what's romantic to you. For me and my wife, we love to grab an outdoor seat at Flame Tree BBQ. The food is what we love, and the water view of ExEv is fun.

Also, you can grab some fish and chips at the UK pavillion and then grab a bench or table on the water.

And what screams romance more than listening to Sonny Eclipse with a burger and fixens! :D

MNNHFLTX
08-11-2014, 03:52 PM
First thing that came to my mind was the Boulangerie and Patisserie in the France pavilion. They have wonderful sandwiches and desserts (and beer and wine!) and you can either eat inside or outside at one of the cafe tables. What could be more romantic than going to Paris for a hour or two?

Janmac
08-12-2014, 12:28 AM
World Showcase, Epcot: I find Katsuru Grill in Japan to be romantic if you eat outside and explore the gardens. Also, Tangierine Cafe (also excellent food). Those mosaic tables in the cool patio area are nice and it feels like an exotic whole new world. :)

Flametree BBQ in AK is also a lovely romantic setting if you take your food to the seating by the river overlooking Everest.

It depends on what's romantic to you. For me and my wife, we love to grab an outdoor seat at Flame Tree BBQ. The food is what we love, and the water view of ExEv is fun.

Also, you can grab some fish and chips at the UK pavillion and then grab a bench or table on the water.

And what screams romance more than listening to Sonny Eclipse with a burger and fixens! :D

:ditto: all!

Jan

SBETigg
08-12-2014, 10:51 AM
First thing that came to my mind was the Boulangerie and Patisserie in the France pavilion. They have wonderful sandwiches and desserts (and beer and wine!) and you can either eat inside or outside at one of the cafe tables. What could be more romantic than going to Paris for a hour or two?

Good one, Beth! Also very romantic. I love France. :)