PDA

View Full Version : So confused about fp+!!!

J9
07-15-2014, 09:00 PM
I need help. I'm so so confused. I'm losing my CM status August 1, so my next trip will be my first one in a looooong time where I need an actual ticket. I bought my annual pass but don't want to activate it yet. My fp+ window opens next week. How do I select them without starting the clock on my annual pass?

I'm also going with a group and from what I've heard each person needs to make their own selections. What if we get different times? Isn't there some way to make it so everyone in the group can make selections and fp changes for everyone else?

Sorry - I'm just lost. I've never had to do this before, and everyone is depending on me to get this trip planned with all the details.

VWL Mom
07-15-2014, 09:08 PM
If you enter you AP voucher or will call number you will be able to make your FP+ without activating the ticket.

As far as the group each person can have their own MDE account. Then you would invite them to join your group and they accept the invite. Each person sets their account to allow changes and then one person can make them all. Sounds complicated but it's not, you'll see when you work with it. BTW each person must have a ticket linked to their account in order to book FP+.

IF you're staying on site and are all in the same room the names on the reservation will all show on your MDE account.

J9
07-15-2014, 09:32 PM
Thanks! So does each person need an account and login or can I just link the tickets to their bands from my end? (I clearly don't do well with change! Hahaha!)

DizneyRox
07-16-2014, 05:23 AM
It's best if everyone has their own MDE account and are linked as friends and family. The ability to make FP selections will be determined based on any hotel reservation linked to their account as well as having tickets.

You don't want to have to manage their accounts, it's enough pain to manage your own.

VWL Mom
07-16-2014, 06:29 AM
If it's easier for you to put them all on your account that's fine but then you will be the only one with access to FP, dining, etc. If they all have their own account then they will be able to see and change. Either way you would still be able link their tickets for them. My boys each have their own account but I just added APs for them through my account since they are on my friends/family list.

Imalismom
07-16-2014, 05:49 PM
Okay, this is totally off subject - but is your signature Alpha Phi? Was just wondering since my daughter is an Alpha Phi at Florida Institute of Technology (she is a senor there)..

DizneyRox
07-16-2014, 08:12 PM
... My boys each have their own account but I just added APs for them through my account since they are on my friends/family list. This becomes a problem if they go on a trip without you. A ticket can only be linked to one MDE account, so if they want/need to get FP for another trip, they can't link then ticket and then won't be able to get FP. in this case with everyone seemingly adults, they should each add their tickets to their own MDE and give the OP access to make reservations for them.

VWL Mom
07-16-2014, 08:31 PM
Basic confused question, but is FP+ 30 days or 60 days ahead?
I'm not in my 60-day window yet, and I keep getting reminders for "Book your FP+'s beginning July 17" for my Sept. 15 trip, but every time I try to look ahead on the MDE website and app, I'm not able to book past 30 days (Aug. 15).

Does FP+ not "officially" let you in until you're inside the allowable space ahead of your package-trip date?

You should be good to go tomorrow July 17 which will be 60 days out from your CRB stay. If your tickets are linked you would get 30 days out because there is no on-site stay recognized right now.

VWL Mom
07-16-2014, 08:34 PM
This becomes a problem if they go on a trip without you. A ticket can only be linked to one MDE account, so if they want/need to get FP for another trip, they can't link then ticket and then won't be able to get FP. in this case with everyone seemingly adults, they should each add their tickets to their own MDE and give the OP access to make reservations for them.

Just went and checked their accounts and the individual APs are there. Actually when I added the tickets they each got an email saying someone had added an AP to their accounts even though I did it all through mine. Might be because they were renewals?

Checkers
07-16-2014, 10:19 PM
:mickey:Just selected my FP+ today for my Sept. trip (60 days out) but it is a solo trip so only concerned about myself. However, next Feb. we are going with my DD, SIL, 3 DGC and it is going to be quite confusing, too. They live in Seattle and I am in PA so it is going to be a challenge! I'm interested, too, in any info on this.

J9
07-16-2014, 10:59 PM
Thanks! This is all really helpful. I'll have to talk to the fam and see if they all want their own accounts. We may just have two of us do it. - some of the others won't make their selections if we don't do it for them. And then they'll be out of luck.

Okay, this is totally off subject - but is your signature Alpha Phi? Was just wondering since my daughter is an Alpha Phi at Florida Institute of Technology (she is a senor there)..

And yes! It is! I graduated back in 04, but my chapter in in PA. I didn't realize I still had it on here. This account is ancient! Lol

Imalismom
07-17-2014, 07:17 AM
sent you a private message :) so as to not totally derail your question :mickey:

J9
07-20-2014, 11:09 PM
Argh!! I'm so frustrated! I was able to link my ap voucher and our family friends park hopper, but it will NOT let me link my parents' annual passes! It went through the first time but now isn't showing up in mde. I try to link again and said it's already linked. My dad logged into his account and he can't see them either. He never tried to link to his account so I'm the only one who tried. Called support and they show them both linked to my email address, but can't tell me why they aren't online. I have to call back tomorrow since the helpdesk is closed. And our window opens on Wednesday. If we can't get to see Anna and Elsa because these tickets aren't linked, I will be so upset. So far, I'm not impressed.

Edit:
I see their tickets, but they are showing under "past tickets." They are NOT expired. They got them last October when we went for the Tower 10 miler. Our upcoming trip is in September so they are still good. The last time we went they were just rolling out MDE so Only a few resorts could get magic bands, but my parents had to exchange their paper tickets at Odyssey so they could get plastic tickets to get in the park. This is our first time linking anything. Could that be the problem? How can they prove their tickets aren't expired yet?! Now I'm really really freaking out! And my mother is about ready to start crying.

yankeesfan123
07-21-2014, 07:02 AM
Argh!! I'm so frustrated! I was able to link my ap voucher and our family friends park hopper, but it will NOT let me link my parents' annual passes! It went through the first time but now isn't showing up in mde. I try to link again and said it's already linked. My dad logged into his account and he can't see them either. He never tried to link to his account so I'm the only one who tried. Called support and they show them both linked to my email address, but can't tell me why they aren't online. I have to call back tomorrow since the helpdesk is closed. And our window opens on Wednesday. If we can't get to see Anna and Elsa because these tickets aren't linked, I will be so upset. So far, I'm not impressed.

Edit:
I see their tickets, but they are showing under "past tickets." They are NOT expired. They got them last October when we went for the Tower 10 miler. Our upcoming trip is in September so they are still good. The last time we went they were just rolling out MDE so Only a few resorts could get magic bands, but my parents had to exchange their paper tickets at Odyssey so they could get plastic tickets to get in the park. This is our first time linking anything. Could that be the problem? How can they prove their tickets aren't expired yet?! Now I'm really really freaking out! And my mother is about ready to start crying.

Did you link the paper or plastic ones?

My advice: just call.

J9
07-21-2014, 09:25 AM
I'm on the phone now. The MDE CM was helpful but had to transfer me to ticketing since it does show the passes expired 12/12/13. We bought the vouchers on 12/12/12, but didn't activate them until 10/2/13. We had to go to Odyssey and swap the paper tickets for the plastic ones, so I think someone entered in the wrong date then. But how am I supposed to prove purchase versus activation? THe only thing I have going is my mom has her old AP which shows a May 2013 expiration date. Why would they activate a new AP when their old one still had 5 months on it?!

Still on hold….

DizneyRox
07-21-2014, 10:56 AM
I remember a while back, I was told that when buying an AP @ WDW it's activated at the time of purchase,. A few years ago I was going to buy one and they told me I had to buy it online, I would get a voucher that I could then bring with me to get it activated.

Others have since told me that they had purchased vouchers while at the parks.

I do know that actually entering a park or not does not do anything on an AP, it's activated at Guest Relations and an end date is applied. Wish they changed it so that it would actually start ticking when you walk through a turnstyle for the first time. Often that's your next step after getting an AP, but not always.

J9
07-21-2014, 12:56 PM
Ok so two hours later, it is all figured out. When my parents exchanged for the plastic ticket at Odyssey, somehow the expiration date got entered as a year from the voucher purchase date rather than the activation date. Luckily I have meticulous records and could tell them when we did everything, including exchange the tickets. They did their research in the background and were able to tell that the first time the ticket was ever scanned was the date I said and that it should still be active. Long story short, it was full of drama but everything should now be good to go. Whew.