PDA

View Full Version : Reasonably priced dinner for 5

ginny57
07-13-2014, 03:07 PM
I'm looking for suggestions on a spot for dinner. It is possible that one of us won't have a park pass (he's planning on just lounging by the pool) so we'll need a resort spot or DTD.

It doesn't need to be cheap (nothing in WDW is) but I do want a good bit of variety in terms of menu and not super pricy.

We'll most likely go to JellyRolls after dinner so a spot in the Boardwalk area may get extra consideration but we'll have a car so its doesn't have to be in that location.

Your thoughts are appreciated!

Pirate Granny
07-13-2014, 03:38 PM
I like the Captains Grille in Yatch Club, also the grand Floridian cafe is a favorite

Mickey'sGirl
07-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Wolfgang Puck's Cafe in DTD has good variety. We've always enjoyed the food and the service is very good.

Mickey'sGirl
07-13-2014, 05:26 PM
Eric, I wouldn't' venture much past the empanadas at the take-out window of Bongos, quite honestly. But that's just the opinion of another northerner. ;)

savafan
07-13-2014, 05:31 PM
Wolfgang Puck's Cafe in DTD has good variety. We've always enjoyed the food and the service is very good.

I second this! :mickey:

Christine
07-13-2014, 06:14 PM
To me, a hidden gem and great value is Turf Club in Saratoga Springs. Check their menu online :)

missymouseworld
07-13-2014, 07:02 PM
I second the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. Jelly Rolls is just a stroll away afterward.

buzznwoodysmom
07-13-2014, 10:07 PM
We tried Captain's Grill once simply because we were staying at Yacht Club and it made for an easy dinner on a non park day. Turned out to be one of the better meals of the trip. Definitely an under rated place. The prices weren't bad, and from what I remember there was decent variety on the menu, as well as a "chef's special" that wasn't listed on the menu.

#1donaldfan
07-14-2014, 12:23 PM
Look up Cape May. It's a very good seafood buffet !! Not too pricy and it's all you care to eat !! :mickey:

Janmac
07-14-2014, 05:04 PM
The Epcot resorts do have good restaurants.

We were also pleasantly surprised at Boatwright's at Riverside. Fun drinks, plenty of choices on the menu and an interesting atmosphere. We were on the dining plan. Riverside is a moderate, so I'm assuming prices might reflect that.

Jan

DizneyRox
07-14-2014, 09:36 PM
Trails End if you're looking for a reasonably priced buffet type meal, not sure it can be best. Captains Grill is very good another hidden gem, but it's got a decent price tag.

Cape May is very expensive and quality has gone down, I can't recommend them any longer.

ginny57
07-16-2014, 02:15 PM
Thx everyone! Now to make a choice!!

TheDuckRocks
07-17-2014, 08:49 AM
Another suggestion from me would be Maya Grill at Coronado Beach Resort. The food is very good and the servings are huge, we always share and still seem to have way too much.

azcavalier
07-21-2014, 01:13 PM
Beaches and Cream! At the Beach Club, so no need for a park ticket. Good american food, not too expensive.

I've done Bongos. We were underwhelmed, and we like Cuban food. One of the appetizers was pretty good, but on the whole it was forgettable.

buzznwoodysmom
07-21-2014, 04:55 PM
Cape May is very expensive and quality has gone down, I can't recommend them any longer.

I have to agree. We find Cape May to very overpriced. It was one of our most expensive meals over our Thanksgiving trip last year.