PDA

View Full Version : airline check in withouth using DME

Mary Chase
07-13-2014, 09:05 AM
Is it possible to use airline check in to check bags - but then not use DME? Are these two services independent of each other - or are you only supposed to use airline check in if you are using DME?

We are going to a park on our last day and I'm nervous about getting back to the resort in time to take DME back to the airport. I was wondering if we missed our DME back to the airport if our bags would have already gone (dropped off to airline check in in the morning) and if we could just take a cab back to the airport if we had to.

Thanks for any information/tips on this subject!

Strmchsr
07-13-2014, 11:14 AM
The services are independent. You can do the resort airline check-in without using the DME bus. You just can't do that on arrival.

MargaretMessler
07-13-2014, 07:17 PM
The services are independent. You can do the resort airline check-in without using the DME bus. You just can't do that on arrival.

One of the questions I have most often thought of but never posed myself. We always get the latest departure we can (making full use of our last day in the World) but not wanting to have to worry about getting back to our resort we have always put our bags in the trunk all day :nono:

So glad to finally realize that's not necessary. Is there a limit to how early you can check in your bags in the morning? Like, if our flight isn't until 5pm, can we check them on our way out to the parks at 8am?

Mr. Smee
07-13-2014, 08:29 PM
We did exactly that our last trip. I picked up the rental at the car care center at its opening, came back to ASM to pick up the girls and check our bags in, then we spent the day running around. It worked great, and having a car allowed us to get to the outlets, and do a campus visit for DD before heading home.

faline
07-14-2014, 08:42 AM
Is there a limit to how early you can check in your bags in the morning? Like, if our flight isn't until 5pm, can we check them on our way out to the parks at 8am?

You can check them in before going to the park. I believe the resort airline desks open at 5 or 6 a.m. and close for the day by 1 or 2 p.m. so you need to check your bags during that time period. Plus, you need to check your bags at least three hours BEFORE your scheduled flight and be flying on a participating airline.

Mary Chase
07-21-2014, 07:45 PM
Thank you for the replies! Curious about renting car from Disney Car Care center. How do you get there to rent the car - do they pick you up at your resort? I know some car rental companies will do that. I'm thinking about renting a car on our last day and returning it at the airport - to get as much time on our last day as possible. Thanks!

faline
07-22-2014, 09:29 AM
Thank you for the replies! Curious about renting car from Disney Car Care center. How do you get there to rent the car - do they pick you up at your resort?

Yes, they will transport you to the car care center in order to pick up your rental. Please be sure to make these arrangements at the same time that you book your rental.