View Full Version : Spending time on the Dark Side – Pre-Trip

Mickey'sGirl
07-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Cast:
Me –Jennifer (Mickey’sGirl) 45,
DH – Brian (CanadianWDWFan) 46,
DS16 – Harry and
DS10 – Euan

We missed our summer sojourn last year, as we went to Europe instead, so we are quite excited to get our summer Disney on in a few short weeks! I love summertime at WDW …. Sure it’s busy, but the days are long and we enjoy it.

We will leave Toronto at o’dark thirty Saturday morning so that we can cross the border without too much traffic (It is a holiday weekend in Ontario). Our plan is to hit Columbia SC at the very least for Saturday night. Our normal routine is to arrive, order some pizza and go for a swim before retiring for the night. We hope to be up and on the road by 7am, stop for some Juice at the Florida Welcome Center and arrive at The BoardWalk at lunchtime.

Stage one of our holiday has us staying in a BoardWalk view Studio from Sunday until Friday. This year we are bringing an airbed for our youngest son. The boys are just too tall to share a bed anymore (They are 6’5” and 5’6”), so we are hoping that Euan is still normal sized enough that the airbed might solve the problem. Brian has organized all of our FP+ reservations, and we have early evening FP+ times for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Space Mountain and then a later evening Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. We also have a late dinner ressie at Be Our Guest. We had a late dinner here in December, and loved that the park had thinned out substantially by the time we were done, and we were able to do whatever we wanted with little wait. The rest of our week has us going to Epcot on Monday, MK again on Tuesday, DHS on Wednesday and Thursday and AK on Friday morning, prior to crossing over to the Dark Side. We have secured FP+ as desired, and ADRs at Kouzzina (to say goodbye), The Plaza, Cape May (my kids LOVE seafood), Crystal Palace (an early morning breakfast before spending some time at MK prior to going over to DHS later in the day).

On Friday, we will spend the morning at AK, and then we are heading over to Universal Studios for the first time since before Harry was born! Since DVC rooms cost more points on the weekend, we typically visit another deluxe resort at Disney for two or three nights before heading back to our DVC resort for another week. Well this year, Universal is getting that money from us. The kids (and let’s be honest, Brian and I as well) DESPERATLY want to see the Harry Potter stuff. We‘ve been fans of the series since before they were movies, and the new rides and area look so very incredible. So, we are staying three nights at The Royal Pacific, with 2 day park to park passes. Even though Saturday and Sunday at the parks are bound to be busier than other days of the week, we are staying at The Royal Pacific and will get front of the line access for many of the Universal attractions. We do not have any real plans while at Universal … we will do what we do and go where we go and see what we see.

On Monday morning, we head back to The BoardWalk. This time, we will be staying in a standard one-bedroom. WE break up our accommodations this way on purpose. We generally take our second week a little more slowly, so we make use of the kitchen etc. I also like to have the in room washer and dryer, because with two sons in the heat, laundry needs to be done!! Truth be told, I do a lot of laundry during this week, as I like to go home with as much of it already done as possible, and it really is such a non-job when the washer and dryer are right there. We will go back to MK on Monday after we get back to BWV, and we have late morning/early afternoon FP+ reservations. Midafternoon, we will return to BWV where our room will hopefully be ready, before going to Epcot and the San Angel Inn for dinner. On Tuesday, we are going to go to Typhoon Lagoon for the day. We have only gone to the Water Parks once in the hundreds of days we have spent at WDW, and that was when Harry was little and Euan wasn’t even that. So, I have paid to reserve chairs (having shade and a quiet place available suits us well). WE will stay as long as we stay and do whatever we do, as we have nothing else arranged that day at all, except for a late Sushi date at Wolfgang Puck’s. The rest of the week has us going to Epcot, then AK and back to MK before leaving Friday night. We will also be dining at Kona and having breakfast at ‘Ohana on our last day.

So, that’s our plan. We are also meeting up with some INTERCOT friends at various times during our holiday, and we are very much looking forward to visiting with Mikki and Andrew in the Top of the World lounge one evening!

faline
07-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Looking forward to reading the latest installments of your upcoming trip!! Enjoy!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Sounds like some super plans! Can't wait to read your trip reports.

KylesMom
07-15-2014, 10:57 PM
I hope this trip is everything and more for your family, Jenn! Looking forward to hearing all about it, as we've missed a few family trips since Kyle's been in high school - gotta live through you and the "boys"!!! :mickey:

princessgirls
07-16-2014, 12:15 PM
Sounds like an awesome trip you have planned.

ENJOY!!!!!

Julie:mickey:

hauntedmansiongirl
07-18-2014, 05:16 AM
You will love the Harry Potter stuff! It is just so well done! I just hope the lines in Diagon's Alley and Gringotts are manageable but the time you go!

We are from Burlington, ON- we're practically neighbours! Have a safe trip! :mickey:

vizsla
07-19-2014, 06:05 AM
Sounds like you have a great trip planned.:thumbsup: