PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian Dining at Rose and Crown

jgonyo
07-10-2014, 03:58 PM
We have reservations at Rose and Crown during our upcoming Disney vacation and two members of our party are vegetarian. Anybody have any experience dining at Rose and Crown, as or with a vegetarian? I know that the restaurant is known more for their meaty dishes so I am a little hesitant.

Thank you!

Capt_redshirt
07-10-2014, 04:09 PM
I believe the rose and crown does do a vegetarian version of shepherd's pie. Tho im not sure if it 100% vegetarian tho (meaning if they use beef or chicken stock)

debandbub
07-10-2014, 05:05 PM
We had the vegetarian Shepherd's Pie when we were there a few years ago and it was delicious! Disney is pretty good about special diets and wouldn't call it vegetarian if it had beef or chicken stock. I don't recall if it was vegan, (I don't think so) but it was definitely vegetarian. Enjoy!

JERSEYDISFAN
07-13-2014, 06:21 PM
Victoria and Albert's is way ahead of you. Well in advance of your trip, a representative of the restaurant will contact you to obtain the names of all persons in your party. In addition they will ask you if any of your party has special dietary needs. Tell them the names of the vegetarians in your party and I guarantee they will have the best vegetarian meal of their life. Scott Hunnel, Chef de Cuisine and his staff specialize in Disney magic by making dining dreams come true.

Arielfan98
07-17-2014, 01:12 AM
Fish and chips are 100% vegetarian and my family loves mushy peas which is basically mashed potatoes but with peas. We're not vegetarians but I know R&C offers these menu items as well as a salmon and a vegetable cottage pie.

BriarRose0708
07-17-2014, 09:13 AM
Victoria and Albert's is way ahead of you. Well in advance of your trip, a representative of the restaurant will contact you to obtain the names of all persons in your party. In addition they will ask you if any of your party has special dietary needs. Tell them the names of the vegetarians in your party and I guarantee they will have the best vegetarian meal of their life. Scott Hunnel, Chef de Cuisine and his staff specialize in Disney magic by making dining dreams come true.

Just to clarify, the OP was asking about Rose and Crown, an EPCOT World Showcase Restaurant.

When I was traveling with my Vegan sister, every sit down restaurant we visited had a separate Vegan/vegetarian menu that featured about 2 Vegan and maybe 3 or 4 vegetarian options. Some were meat-free versions of existing dishes and some were completely unavailable on the main menu. We did not visit Rose and Crown, but call the Dining Line and have it noted on your reservation, tell the host when you check in for your ADR, and ask the server for a Vegan/vegetarian menu. They should be able to accommodate you with no problem. Happy eating!

WDWCrazyKaren
07-21-2014, 10:51 AM
My daughter ate very well (vegetarian) throughout all of the world, including Rose and Crown. I'm trying to remember what she had, but I just can't recall. But every table service meal we ate, she found great options, and ate extremely well all week, without having to resort to cheese pizza and mac and cheese!

NJGIRL
07-27-2014, 01:53 AM
Fish and chips are 100% vegetarian and my family loves mushy peas which is basically mashed potatoes but with peas. We're not vegetarians but I know R&C offers these menu items as well as a salmon and a vegetable cottage pie.

Fish & Chips and salmon are not vegetarian. ;)

When I ate there they did a nice vegetable combo dish for me. It was well seasoned and filled me up.

Lindsey
08-08-2014, 03:32 PM
Fish & Chips and salmon are not vegetarian. ;)

Thanks for pointing that out. :thumbsup: It's amazing how many people don't realize that fish is meat, not a vegetable! :oops: I'm veg*n, and people will recommend fish to me quite often. :huh: It's OK though, I just clarify to them that I don't eat fish.

NJGIRL
08-13-2014, 02:53 PM
Thanks for pointing that out. :thumbsup: It's amazing how many people don't realize that fish is meat, not a vegetable! :oops: I'm veg*n, and people will recommend fish to me quite often. :huh: It's OK though, I just clarify to them that I don't eat fish.

I know.... once someone told me that her son had become a vegetarian and now all he ate was chicken...:confused:...I did explain to her that he was not a vegetarian but just someone who did not eat red meat. lol

Someone who does not eat red meat or chicken but eats fish or other seafood is called a pesitarian......just in case anyone is wondering.:thumbsup: