PDA

View Full Version : quick Magic Band ???

minnie04
07-10-2014, 02:27 PM
My DD22 wants to take my DS10 & DS18 for a quick weekend in August. I have a trip planned for the end of August and have all the plans in place. My question is we have AP that are blocked out until Aug 15th that is when they are going, so no worries there. Now they are staying off property and I wanted to know if they can book FP+? We already have bands at home that I think are still activated because of our AP. does anyone know if she can do this??
OR do I have to book them a hotel on property? Which I don't think that weekend has anything open according to the website. Nothing was coming up as available...:confused:

Strmchsr
07-10-2014, 03:20 PM
I think it's 30 days out for an off-property FP+ booking and 60 days for on-property.

minnie04
07-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Oh well I guess I will call and ask customer relations. I just hate calling :ack:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-10-2014, 03:33 PM
I think you may just be too early. If you're not staying on site, the FP+ window opens 30 days ahead, so the sooner you'd be able to book is then.

If you do have an onsite reservation, then you should be good to go.

kakn7294
07-10-2014, 04:22 PM
From my recent research into APs, FP+ can be booked 30 days in advance for up to 7 days of FP+ although those do not have to be consecutive days. If you were to stay onsite at a Disney resort with that same AP, you would be eligible to reserve your FP+ selections 60 days in advance.

minnie04
07-10-2014, 04:23 PM
I just booked them on property, so now they can do everything through Disney. I feel better they are staying on property too. I need to have my DD sign up for the MDE and get all the magic bands & FP's through her reservation. I hope nothing messes with my late Aug reservation :mickey:

I hope they aren't going to send us more magic bands ....lol

missymouseworld
07-11-2014, 07:23 AM
I hope they aren't going to send us more magic bands ....lol

I know, right? Just a quick question, what do you do with all those magic bands when your vacation is over? I am curious. We just got back and had a split stay and have two sets (plus a couple extra because they didn't all work correctly for rooms/FP rides, my son had to wear two each day). Do you keep them and just store them somewhere or throw them out? Are they recyclable? Any ideas?

yankeesfan123
07-11-2014, 01:39 PM
They can be re-used depending on when your next trip is. The battery apparently lasts quite a while.

Or, they are souvenirs.

missymouseworld
07-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Or, they are souvenirs.

I really couldn't stand wearing them all day when we were there. When Disney shipped them to us in the box before our vacation, they should have given an option to mail them back after the vacation, or leave them at the resort at checkout. Recycle and reuse for other guests. Those are a souvenir I can do without.

minnie04
07-16-2014, 09:18 AM
So far they are just put in a drawer. I can't fit them in a scrapbook or in a frame so they just sit in the drawer..lol I feel bad throwing them out. That was a great idea to leave them at the resort so they can recycle them for other guest. I’m sure they can come up with a way to deactivate them when you leave and pass them on. The only problem is your name is on them, so maybe that won't work...

kbean
07-16-2014, 09:46 AM
They make great napkin rings and candle rings for your table at Thanksgiving time!

Cheshire_Girl
07-16-2014, 10:24 AM
You can reuse them as long as they active. When you get a new pass they can attach it to your previous magic band.

minnie04
07-16-2014, 10:50 AM
Since my whole house becomes Disney at Xmas time. I'm sure I can find something to do with them. Maybe put them on the tree or something. :mickey: