PDA

View Full Version : Tusker House for breakfast. Your thoughts.

Terra
07-10-2014, 02:21 PM
I'm planning out our August vacation.
I'm looking at the Tusker House character breakfast.

If you've been, what are your thoughts? I like that they do have some African breakfast food flair on there. How is the character rotation?

Whatever you want to tell me would be wonderful. Sunday is our Animal Kingdom day and I'm interested in a breakfast.

Any other breakfast places there you recommend? I've never really done breakfast there. It mainly seems to be more CS. But I may be missing something.
I thought Rainforest did breakfast, but when I went to put it in, it only showed lunch/dinner. Did they stop?

DizneyRox
07-10-2014, 02:50 PM
I think it's the best character meal on property, even better that it's a cheaper breakfast meal.

Character interaction has always been good, wish they left it at restaurantosaurus, but Tusker House is a good location.

There are familiar choices as well as a few African influenced choices. We have always left happy and full.

Terra
07-10-2014, 03:00 PM
I think it's the best character meal on property, even better that it's a cheaper breakfast meal.

Character interaction has always been good, wish they left it at restaurantosaurus, but Tusker House is a good location.

There are familiar choices as well as a few African influenced choices. We have always left happy and full.

Thank you! I didn't realize it was cheaper as well. Always a plus. We love O'Hana for Breakfast but wooza it comes out to over $100 for a family of 4.

DDoftwo
07-10-2014, 03:01 PM
All in all a great choice, we took our daughter for her 5th birthday and it was her first meal in any park (tradition to AK first day). She loved it, and the food was good. We will be going back in December. I would say as far as Character Breakfast go it is a must do. We also like Hollywood and Vine so we will do it this trip as well as 1900 park fare and Chef Mickey's.

99-All Star Movies
03-Pop century
05-Animal Kingdom Lodge (Honeymoon)
09-All Star Movies
14-All Star Movies (Dec)

DizneyFreak2002
07-10-2014, 03:22 PM
Tusker House has a very good breakfast... Book it, you won't be disappointed...

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-10-2014, 03:31 PM
We love it! I would book it for sure (and we have for our August trip).

The food is good, a great mixture of "comfort" breakfast food, and some with a twist. It has always been hot and fresh and yummy.

We've had good character interaction and it is one of our "must do's" each trip.

AgentC
07-10-2014, 03:36 PM
It is one of my favorite character breakfasts. You get a good variety of food- some unique foods yet still plenty of Mickey waffles for my picky son.

Last time I was there characters were Mickey, Goofy and Daisy inside Donald outside with a posed photo but you can take your own too and not by the package. The character do change from time to time so you may see someone different.

chefmickey3
07-10-2014, 04:22 PM
This is one of our favorite breakfasts on property. Donald is outside and we had some of the best interaction anywhere! The characters inside were great. I love the food - basic breakfast foods for my picky kids and more exotic choices for me! I love to try foods at a buffet because I can try just a little and then go back for more if I love it. We will do it again!

mamatedd
07-10-2014, 04:40 PM
It was a highlight of our trip in May! My family has varied tastes and we all left full and happy. The character interaction was the best of the trip. DDs were thrilled! Our server even gave me a to-go cup of their signature juice, which I could not get enough of. Two big thumbs up!:thumbsup:

DizneyRox
07-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Thank you! I didn't realize it was cheaper as well. Always a plus. We love O'Hana for Breakfast but wooza it comes out to over $100 for a family of 4.
I meant cheaper because it's breakfast rather than a lunch or dinner new character meal. It is cheaper than the likes of CRT though.

It's similar to O'Hana is how it works, with the kids parade, etc.

akaDisneyDreamer
07-10-2014, 10:03 PM
We love the character breakfast at Tusker House! It's a lot of fun. We were there in May and Donald wasn't outside this time for the photo before we went in, but we got pictures taken with Goofy, Daisy and Mickey during our meal. We didn't have our camera ready when Donald came by.
And, Rainforest Café does still serve breakfast in Animal Kingdom. We also had breakfast there during our last trip. (make sure you're not clicking on the one in Downtown Disney, maybe?) Just FYI, the Tonga Toast there is good, but not the same as served at the Poly.

Happy planning!

TheDuckRocks
07-11-2014, 09:19 AM

The cost of Tusker House for breakfast is now $30 to $33 for adults and $16 to $18 for the kids depending on what time of year you go.

Terra
07-11-2014, 09:25 AM
I meant cheaper because it's breakfast rather than a lunch or dinner new character meal. It is cheaper than the likes of CRT though.

It's similar to O'Hana is how it works, with the kids parade, etc.

Gotcha. I just booked it. I am so excited. It actually is cheaper in Dollar signs too. LOL.

Thank you all for the input. I can't wait!

#1donaldfan
07-11-2014, 12:42 PM
Tusker House Breakfast is very good and the character interaction is top notch. My DD is very good friends with Donald, most times, who you take pictures with before going in.....:secret:.:thumbsup:

EpcotFan182
07-13-2014, 06:50 PM
I thought it was pretty good, for me it didn't stand out from any other character breakfast buffet besides the African touches in the food and decor.The food and experience were good nonetheless. I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you book there. Enjoy!

Terra
07-13-2014, 09:05 PM
The cost of Tusker House for breakfast is now $30 to $33 for adults and $16 to $18 for the kids depending on what time of year you go.

Yeah that's what I was getting in my internet search as well. Not bad for all you get! :)
The rest of the time we are "cheap eaters" :blush:

I just told the boys tonight about our vacation. I showed them the vacation package. It took a minute for it to register when they looked at "The "X" family's Incredible vacation." LOL

snowflakegirl
07-13-2014, 10:52 PM
We havent' been in a few years, but my husband and I had breakfast at Tusker House on our last trip and *loved* it. We especially enjoyed the Beef Bobotie Quiche, the sweet potato casserole, and the spiced corned beef hash with cornbread topping. The character interaction was decent, but I didn't find it to be particularly better or worse than say Chef Mickey's. I did like getting some time with Donald outside before going in.

Dulcee
07-14-2014, 07:42 AM
This is our only character must do meal, we love it. The sweet plantains and rice, mmmmmm.

Also if you book early it gets you to the back of the park before most other park guests.

Janmac
07-14-2014, 04:53 PM
Tusker House is one of our must do breakfasts, along with Crystal Palace. Possibly the noise level is more than at CP but maybe less than Chef Mickey's? For some reason we are not a fan of the breakfast at CM. But every ten years or so we give it another try.

We've never missed a character at Tusker House. The handlers and servers have made sure guests know what's going on. The characters are dressed safari style and sure seem to enjoy themselves in this kind of setting. Kids are given simple musical instruments to play during the parade.

We like to get an ADR as close to 8 am as possible. Puts us out by Kilimanjaro Safaris about the time the park opens.

Jan

WDWCrazyKaren
07-21-2014, 10:56 AM
We really do love it and have been the last 4 years. We are skipping it this year, not because it isn't great, jut because we have made some other plans this trip.

The food it always plentiful and hot, options for some more adventurous eaters, and options for some of the pickier folks (like me!). The characters are fun, dressed in their safari gear, and we've always had great interaction. Of course, they do the parade for the little kids, with Goofy leading the parade the last few times we were there.

It's a great option, and you shouldn't be disappointed by the food offerings or characters. Have fun!

thads
07-21-2014, 04:23 PM
Love, love, love it. One of our favorites. We like to do it first thing in the morning, to get into the park early. You can't get out of the restaurant, until opening time, but you are already in the back of the park by the opening time. Big advantage for the most popular rides. The food is good, and the character rotation is great. Love the jungle juice.