PDA

View Full Version : Oops, I did it again.

BrerGnat
07-08-2014, 03:50 PM
I booked a value resort, after I said "never again." I am taking my boys down to visit my parents who just retired and moved to Kissimmee last week. We will be there 5 nights but the thought of staying with my parents for that long is :eek: So, to break up the visit and do something fun for the kids, I booked our first two nights at Pop Century. My kids fell in love with the 80's and 90's sections last year when we were staying at AoA so I figured it would be fun. We are doing Blizzard Beach but no other parks and my parents will pick us up the day we check out and we'll spend three nights at their house.

I'll either be smacking myself in the head or I'll end up having fun in spite of my utter disdain for the Value resort experience. It was cheap, and it's only 2 nights so I hope it ends up being a fun time.

SBETigg
07-08-2014, 04:09 PM
Considering it's a break from parents, a chance to breathe a little, I think it will be a great time. Not that visiting parents isn't great, but we all need some down time.

MargaretMessler
07-08-2014, 04:12 PM
I didn't feel like AoA and Pop had the same congested "value feel" as the All Stars. We're returning to Pop next spring.

BrerGnat
07-08-2014, 05:29 PM
Considering it's a break from parents, a chance to breathe a little, I think it will be a great time. Not that visiting parents isn't great, but we all need some down time.

That's how I am looking at it. I will probably wish I was still at Pop by the second night at my parent's house. ;) They can be difficult.

Mickey'sGirl
07-08-2014, 06:04 PM
I kinda like the value resorts, and even prefer them to most of the moderates and at least one of the deluxe resorts. If not for the beds, which are not nearly big enough for our extra-long family I would choose them more often! I hope you guys have a great time!!

buzznwoodysmom
07-08-2014, 06:29 PM
It's just 2 nights. It'll be fine. How fun that you get a little "surprise" Disney time!

kakn7294
07-08-2014, 08:35 PM
We just recently stayed at Pop and actually enjoyed it! Surprisingly, my daughters loved it too and actually requested to stay there again next year. Hopefully, you'll have a good time there.

Janmac
07-08-2014, 11:41 PM
That's how I am looking at it. I will probably wish I was still at Pop by the second night at my parent's house. ;) They can be difficult.

Yikes. Shame your stay at Pop can't be after, instead of before.

Jan

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-09-2014, 08:27 AM
You'll have fun, never fear:mickey:

BriarRose0708
07-09-2014, 09:29 AM
Attitude is everything! Stay positive and I'm sure you'll be fine. It will be fun and if your boys already like it that will make it even better. Pop is the only Value I've done and will likely be the only Value I'll ever book. I love it.

#1donaldfan
07-09-2014, 12:43 PM
For me POP felt very less value than ASM, which I was only in for one night. I guess the draw for me for POP was the run around the hour glass lake. I think you will like it rather well !!:thumbsup:

i'm grumpy
07-09-2014, 11:30 PM
We love Pop Century, but if you want quiet, do not stay near the pool.

Arielfan98
07-10-2014, 01:12 AM
I've never had an issue with value resorts. They're clean and very nice. And Pop Century is one of the better Values.

BrerGnat
07-10-2014, 09:43 AM
We love Pop Century, but if you want quiet, do not stay near the pool.

Right. I did not book preferred room nor a pool view room. I definitely don't want to be close to the pools! I requested 80's or 90''s section.

i'm grumpy
07-10-2014, 05:03 PM
I don't know what time the pool closed, but there was noise around 1am or later!

Disney4us2
07-10-2014, 11:15 PM
Enjoy your time... Have fun at Blizzard Beach. Hope this Value experience is better than your last at AOA.

BrerGnat
07-11-2014, 09:04 AM
Enjoy your time... Have fun at Blizzard Beach. Hope this Value experience is better than your last at AOA.

Thanks Marci. I've stayed at Pop before (long time ago) so I know what to expect. I think AoA was so disappointing because we were expecting much more based on the hype and price point.