PDA

View Full Version : which would you choose

minnie04
07-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Ok I have a reservation at AOA and I just looked up AK (I get bored at work, so I’m always looking..lol) I can get AK for the same price as a suite at AOA. We have done both resorts, but never a suite at AOA and this will be the garden view at AK (we have had the savanna view at AK before). I like both resorts, but now I’m torn. My DS10 would love to stay in the suites at AOA, but he has never been to AK (well he was 11 months old) so he doesn’t remember..ahhhhh why do I do this to myself (looking all the time at resorts and comparing) PROS & CONS would help:confused:.. Thanks:mickey:

brownie
07-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Personally I'd go with Animal Kingdom Lodge. I'd take the upgraded amenities. You might leave it up too you're son to decide.

cer
07-08-2014, 12:20 PM
AKL.

I have not stayed at either, but I'd do AKL.

Pros...do you drive to the parks? If not, the distance to the bus stops is going to be closer for AKL, for sure. Also, in our experience, value resort buses are going to be more crowded.

Beds will be larger and more comfortable at AKL. Even though you are comparing a suite to a room, I think AKL is going to have a more spacious feel.

Like I said, I have not done either, but I have done value resorts vs moderates, and if we are comparing value suite to a deluxe room and the price is in this case equal, well, deluxe is going to win for my family.

However, if it is really important to your child - THAT is what makes this a difficult decision.

EJS-Houston
07-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Another vote here for Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Pooh Fan
07-08-2014, 01:24 PM
Haven't stayed at AOA but have stayed twice at AKV. I would think if I could do either at the same price I would definitely take AKL. Deluxe vs Value for same amount. I have only stayed once at a value but it just felt very congested. I find AKL/AKV to feel less crowded and more relaxed. Plus the animals on site is pretty cool.

#1donaldfan
07-08-2014, 01:29 PM
AKL, hands down. Always go with a deluxe over a value !! I love the hour glass lake at the AoA for running but AKL has such a feel to it. Plus you have the great BOMA breakfast and the pool is incredible at AKL.....that's just to name a few things......:thumbsup:

cer
07-08-2014, 01:41 PM
AKL, hands down. Always go with a deluxe over a value !! I love the hour glass lake at the AoA for running but AKL has such a feel to it. Plus you have the great BOMA breakfast and the pool is incredible at AKL.....that's just to name a few things......:thumbsup:

The great BOMA breakfast....

yes!!

mydisneygirls
07-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Between the 2, I would choose AKL (although I've never stayed there). I'm with the others, deluxe over value!

Just a thought. WL and AKL are generally around the same price. I'd check out the price there. We love WL!

minnie04
07-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Just a thought. WL and AKL are generally around the same price. I'd check out the price there. We love WL!

LOL the WL is one of the ones I would love to stay at, but I wanted to try it when it’s colder. The thing is getting a good deal is key. I asked my son and he really likes AOA and has always wanted to stay in the suites, but I think it will only be the two of us again on this next trip. So is it worth even getting a suite? I do want to plan a couple more trips before our AP expire. I’m looking at Oct 2014, Jan 2015 & March 2015. I would love to stay in a different place each time. I know the prices go up during these times so I’m trying to make the best of the price…:mickey:

I do know once he sees AK he will love it. That's why this is a hard one..lol

AgentC
07-08-2014, 03:59 PM
LOL the WL is one of the ones I would love to stay at, but I wanted to try it when it’s colder. The thing is getting a good deal is key. I asked my son and he really likes AOA and has always wanted to stay in the suites, but I think it will only be the two of us again on this next trip. So is it worth even getting a suite? I do want to plan a couple more trips before our AP expire. I’m looking at Oct 2014, Jan 2015 & March 2015. I would love to stay in a different place each time. I know the prices go up during these times so I’m trying to make the best of the price…:mickey:

I do know once he sees AK he will love it. That's why this is a hard one..lol

I have stayed at both. My personal preference would be AKL. I enjoy the moderate/deluxe resorts much more than the values. My kids, however, (DS8 & DD6) adored AOA when we stayed there. They were excited as soon as they saw the pictures of Disney characters in the parking lot. The theming was very fun for them.

I do think the suite will be a bit wasted if it is just you and your son. The suite has two bathrooms, a eating area with table that converts to a bed, a living room/kitchenette area with a pull out couch and a master bedroom that is separate. If you are taking a trip with more family members you may want to save the suite for that trip.

MargaretMessler
07-08-2014, 04:08 PM
While the AoA suites are probably pretty cool (I have only stayed in the LM rooms there), if I had the opportunity to grab AKL for the same price as AoA...GO FOR IT!

MargaretMessler
07-08-2014, 04:11 PM
I do think the suite will be a bit wasted if it is just you and your son. The suite has two bathrooms, a eating area with table that converts to a bed, a living room/kitchenette area with a pull out couch and a master bedroom that is separate. If you are taking a trip with more family members you may want to save the suite for that trip.

I was just about to say the same. The suites are pricey, and if you don't need the space...a waste of money.

minnie04
07-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Thanks everyone. I am going to show him both tonight and he can pick. I really wanted to stay in the suites only because the price was cheaper then I have seen it EVER..lol ,but we have already done the resort LM room twice, so I wanted to try something new. Will see I’m going to leave it up to him and hopefully he will want the change..:D

WDWParrothead
07-08-2014, 08:08 PM
AKL for sure! It is one of our favorite resorts anywhere.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-09-2014, 08:29 AM
I would pick AK

mydisneygirls
07-09-2014, 09:00 AM
Let us know what he decides!

natedog24
07-09-2014, 09:04 AM
AKL. No question.
Stayed there and loved it. Haven't stayed at AOA (yet), but you're comparing Deluxe vs. Value.

minnie04
07-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Well the verdict is in :drum: he looked at both and really liked AK, but he reallllllly wants to try the suites at AOA. So its AOA lion king suite for this vacation....I had a feeling he would choose the AOA he has loved that place since we first saw it being built. I guess I will keep my eyes open for good deals and try to book AK next. Thanks for all the help :mickey:

mydisneygirls
07-09-2014, 11:57 AM
I hope you and your son have an awesome time!!!

ThanxForNoticin
07-09-2014, 12:43 PM
The good news is you had the choice between 2 very nice options - no bad decision there! Have a great time!!

Villianess
07-09-2014, 11:28 PM
I have stayed at AK (garden view) and in a family suite at AOA. I liked the suite at AOA, but LOVED AK! IMO, the deluxe over the value is so very worth it. Either way, you WILL have fun!!! :mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
07-11-2014, 11:59 AM
I would also choose AKL every single time without hesitation! :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
07-11-2014, 12:06 PM
I would also choose AKL every single time without hesitation! :thumbsup:

Me too!

birdie1410
08-09-2014, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE=minnie04;2422671]LOL the WL is one of the ones I would love to stay at, but I wanted to try it when it’s colder.
:laughing:
As a FL resident,I can tell you the only "colder" might be in January or Feb.
Seriously, though, for my money, it would AKL-Jambo House. The pool is great, the animals are right there, the food is yummy!
We've stayed there several times over the past and I am the biggest kid when I go there. Your son will love it, whichever you decide.:thumbsup:

ransam
08-13-2014, 11:36 PM
Ok I have a reservation at AOA and I just looked up AK (I get bored at work, so I’m always looking..lol) I can get AK for the same price as a suite at AOA. We have done both resorts, but never a suite at AOA and this will be the garden view at AK (we have had the savanna view at AK before). I like both resorts, but now I’m torn. My DS10 would love to stay in the suites at AOA, but he has never been to AK (well he was 11 months old) so he doesn’t remember..ahhhhh why do I do this to myself (looking all the time at resorts and comparing) PROS & CONS would help:confused:.. Thanks:mickey:

I'd do the AK, just because I've never stayed there.

Susan A
08-27-2014, 09:27 AM
Looks like you combined the two with theming (maybe that's a stretch).
AOA with a touch of Africa.