PDA

View Full Version : Good Grief!!

We LOVE Disney
07-08-2014, 11:22 AM
What is going on? We just waited 40 minutes & had 38 busses pass us by waiting to get back to POR from Hollywood Studios!! Apparently if you are staying at Caribbean Beach or Coronado you get top priority for bus transportation! So frustrating!!

VacationDisney
07-08-2014, 11:26 AM
That's not good. Hope thing improve for you and your family:thumbsup:

Belle of the Ball 051411
07-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Something similar happened to us a couple of years ago when we were at Epcot trying to get back to the GF. It took over an hour for a bus to come. I guess there was a computer issue. Very frustrating...

#1donaldfan
07-08-2014, 01:24 PM
The FQ busses were not good at all week before last. We waited at the depot over 30 minutes to get to Epcot, with several busses going everywhere else and no one waiting on them.....plus a CM who was incredibly rude and unknowing was there, clipboard in hand. It was not good at all the other days either, but not nearly as bad.........! :mad:

PETE FROM NYC
07-08-2014, 03:50 PM
Something similar happened to us a couple of years ago when we were at Epcot trying to get back to the GF. It took over an hour for a bus to come. I guess there was a computer issue. Very frustrating...

You should have used the Monorail. That's what we do staying at BLT.

1DisneyNut
07-08-2014, 06:40 PM
We had the exact same experience when we stayed at POR 4 years ago. The wait times for buses were horrible. Almost every morning we waited a minimum of 30 minutes and usually 45 minutes for a bus and I don't even want to talk about how long we waited for them at the parks to return to the resort. It was actually the last time we stayed on site.

etibbetts
07-08-2014, 08:13 PM
I wish we had that luck at CBR last trip. We just kept seeing buses for old key west. It became our family joke that CBR was the red headed step child.

joonyer
07-08-2014, 08:16 PM
It's a WDW bus system law. Whichever resort you are staying at will have the worst bus service the week you are there.

#1donaldfan
07-09-2014, 12:34 PM
We have stayed at Riverside many times and had great service. We've stayed at AKL and had great service.....FQ was our first experience at bad bus service, but the resort was incredible, love it there !!! :mickey:

DisneyGiant
07-09-2014, 12:38 PM
It's a WDW bus system law. Whichever resort you are staying at will have the worst bus service the week you are there.

Especially at the end of the day! In the morning - its more like - every park's busses pass by twice except the one you want.....

i'm grumpy
07-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Yes, while you stand there roasting in the sun. And if you go to a differnt park line, your bus will arrive. LOL.

yankeesfan123
07-09-2014, 05:49 PM
It's MDE's fault

masonlovesdisney
07-10-2014, 03:03 AM
My family and I stayed at POR a few years back as well and had the same problem, constantly.

indytraveler
07-10-2014, 07:52 AM
We just got back from our stay at Caribbean Beach on 7/8/14. The CBR is where they put a lot of the sports teams in the summer. That's why we were there. However, when we used the bus system last week it seemed like Old Key West was the place to be. They had buses everywhere.

We had to plan an extra 30-45 min just to be sure we got somewhere. Overall it was a good experience. Hopefully your vacation is going better.

mydisneygirls
07-10-2014, 09:10 AM
That's why I rent a car!

LittleDreamer
07-10-2014, 12:48 PM
I usually stay at POR FQ. The buses were pretty good all the times I stayed there with the exception of the last time. I just attributed it to training new drivers since I saw plenty of training buses driving around, but maybe they made some change that's effected them.

Where the buses running to both POR resorts or only one?

mamatedd
07-10-2014, 04:46 PM
That's why I rent a car!

Us too! DH has no patience for this sort of thing!:blush: