PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass + for parade viewing

JanetMegan
07-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Sooooo...I'm traveling with a large-ish group in Sept and one of the requests is to use one of our 3 FP+ for Saturday for a viewing spot for the MSEP. They have small children.

I can see why this would be a plus but also limiting since we would then be tied to using only two other fast passes all day on a Saturday both in MK. (We have breakfast in AK and dinner at Ohana.)

Anyone have any deep thoughts on this issue? I'm trying not to make a fuss since this part of the trip is more geared towards the family with small children, they are leaving partway through the trip.

yankeesfan123
07-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Sooooo...I'm traveling with a large-ish group in Sept and one of the requests is to use one of our 3 FP+ for Saturday for a viewing spot for the MSEP. They have small children.

I can see why this would be a plus but also limiting since we would then be tied to using only two other fast passes all day on a Saturday both in MK. (We have breakfast in AK and dinner at Ohana.)

Anyone have any deep thoughts on this issue? I'm trying not to make a fuss since this part of the trip is more geared towards the family with small children, they are leaving partway through the trip.

Each party/family has different priorities.

My family is using FP for parade viewing.

gerald72
07-07-2014, 08:23 PM
Not only do you have only 2 fastpasses the rest if the day, but you are limited to getting additional fastpasses until the parade is over.

mandaep
07-07-2014, 08:52 PM
I am actually very excited about getting a fast pass for the parade. The new daytime parade seems very fun, and we are taking small children that are just now getting into parades. I feel like it's going to be well worth the use.

Pirate Granny
07-07-2014, 09:26 PM
We used one for the evening parade. We had four kids and five adults. My wonderful daughter took the stroller (sit and stand) and went in 45 minutes before start time and got us front row seats using the stroller to block our area. Whether that was nice or not...probably not, but we arrived 20 minutes before the parade and they were wonderful seats and the kids loved the parade. We stayed in that area to watch the fireworks. A bit too close to the castle, but we were comfortable where we were. I wanted FP+ for the afternoon parade, but was out voted, but we got spaces on the short brick wall next to the hall of the presidents. I spread out along with my other daughter while they did the Hall of the Presidents and then they joined us. Sadly the people at the curb decided to stand up, even though they could see as they were front row...so we had to hold the little ones up to see. I'll consider FP+ for our December trip...maybe for afternoon parade. I loved, loved, loved the fire breathing dragon! I'm not too excited about the evening parade, but do love the Christmas party evening parade!