PDA

View Full Version : Nov Timeframe

mgmnut
07-07-2014, 12:02 PM
After staying on site at The Royal Pacific Hotel on our Disney / Universal trip last year we have been itching to do a long Weekend Universal only trip.

I know the opening of Diagon Alley is obviously going to affect the crowd levels, but that aside does anyone have an idea of how the crowds (usually) are the weekend AFTER Veterans Day in Nov? I was thinking of doing Fri Nov 14 -Tues Nov 18 at either Royal Pacific again or trying the Hard Rock Hotel this time.

Is Mid Nov usually a decent time to go crowd wise?

Do you think the opening of Diagon Ally will eliminate any slower periods for the remainder of this year?

Thoughts?

Mfarquar
07-07-2014, 01:58 PM
I haven't stayed on the Universal property in November, but I visited the parks a few years ago during that time frame on two occasions. In fact, it was post-Veteran's Day, pre-Thanksgiving trips where I can recall the smallest crowds I've ever seen at Universal, ,IoA and all of DIsney. This was pre-Potter and the parks were dead - it was great!

We also visited in late-September for the start of Halloween Horror nights the year that Potter phase 1 opened (I believe the official opening had been July with that ridiculous line that reached off the Universal property just to get into IoA). I have to say, by that time, although there were more people in the parks than in previous years, it was totally manageable. We found it helped to make use of the 1 hour early opening for park guests and to also utilize the single rider line for the Potter attractions. Otherwise, it was a breeze because we were staying on the property and cut the lines for everything else.

In short, I think the time between the 2 vacation times in November should bring about some good results for you. I don't think the opening Potter should give you too much trouble because you're staying on-site - LOVE the included Express Pass!

DizneyFreak2002
07-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Expect Diagon alley to pull in crowds... However, historically, that time frame between Veterans' Day and Thanksgiving is a slow time for the parks in Orlando...