PDA

View Full Version : Serious Problem

wdwaggie
07-06-2014, 06:09 PM
OK, not trying to ruin anyone's magic, but need some advice. We have a trip on the books for end of Sept that was supposed to be me, my DW and our DGD grand-daughter. Tuesday Morning my Wife decided she needed a break and packed up and moved out. She isn't talking much, but we've got this trip planned and paid for...

So my question is can I get my money back? Credit? Should I offer to let her go and take the GDG? I doubt she will since I was the Disney nut in the relationship. If I can't get my money back or defer the trip, should I just go alone?:(:confused:

IloveJack
07-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Up to 45 days out, you can get a full refund, I'm pretty sure. If not, someone correct me.

marlyn
07-06-2014, 06:26 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm sure you can get refund if you call.
My marriage broke up when I had a trip planned. I went with my kids, without my husband. I must admit, it was one of my best trips.
I hope things work out for you.

faline
07-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Sorry to hear.

How old is your granddaughter? Does she know about the trip? If so, I'd certainly try not to disappoint her.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-06-2014, 08:01 PM
I'm sorry to hear. Yes, up until 45 days before the trip you can get a full refund.

I wouldn't rush to cancel anything right away. If you still want to go, then go. It could make for some very special time with your granddaughter, or you could ask someone else to join you.

VacationDisney
07-07-2014, 09:01 AM
As mentioned you have 45 days out to get refund. This just might be what you need at this time. Don't make a decision just yet.

Since you are the Disney nut why not take the GDG? How old is she? Would you feel comfortable if it were just you and your GDG at WDW?

I hope things work out, if that is what you want.

grumpyguy
07-07-2014, 09:36 AM
That is a serious deal...sorry for you.Rough roads ahead but what a better way to start down the path than with Mickey:thumbsup:
Think of the joy WDW brings YOU.May just be what the doctor ordered..good luck :mickey:

minnie04
07-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Sorry to hear your going through a rough time, but keep your trip planned!! I would just plan around the fact that she (DW) might not go. Who knows things could work themselves out from now till then. Don’t jump the gun on your vacation. If she isn't in the picture by the time the trip gets close then I say go and make the best vacation ever!! Your DGD will have a blast with you and you won’t have to worry about any drama.

Just think this could be a nice break for your too..

spoiledraf
07-07-2014, 05:14 PM
I think you have more on your plate than to be worried about a Disney vacation. I think you need to take care of business at home before taking on a Disney trip without your wife. Sounds to me like Disney may be part of the problem, not part of the solution. Good Luck.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-08-2014, 08:28 AM
So sorry to hear that. You have several options I think....first if you want to cancel I think you should be able to at this point. If the GD knows about the trip, I think I would see if a parent or someone else could take your wife's place....it may be just what you need at this time.