PDA

View Full Version : Be Our Guest FP+ and party size

TikiGoddess
07-06-2014, 08:28 AM
Hi all,

I was lucky enough to score a FP+ for lunch at BOG during our July trip. Now we have friends (6 total) who will be joining us on this day at the park. The original reservation was for 4 people. I can't change the FP+ reservation online to add more people. What are the odds that they will accommodate a party of 10 (rather than 4) if we show up?

Kathy

Mickey'sGirl
07-06-2014, 09:09 AM
I can't imagine that 6 additional guests will be accommodated when there are huge line-ups of people waiting to get in. It simply would not be fair. Maybe they could line up in advance to coordinate with your fastpass time, then you can all eat together?

sassafras
07-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Can I ask how you go about getting a FP+ for BOG? I tried the one online address someone had posted on here a week or so ago, but it only will show until Sept 2 and wouldn't work for the prior days at all. Is there another place to look that I'm missing? Thanks for your help!

buzznwoodysmom
07-06-2014, 11:00 AM
When we had FP's for BOG last November they were very strict with it.

We had FP for BOG for 5 rooms. All of our FP's overlapped, but we didn't all arrive to check in at the same time. When we arrived to check in we had our room of 5, plus my nephew who was staying in another room. Even though they could see the FP for the room he was in they would not let him enter with us. He had to wait for the others in his room to arrive.

My niece tried the same thing. She was not staying in the same room as her parents, but wanted to eat with them. They also told her she had to wait till the rest of her room arrived.

I can't imagine they would allow an additional 6 guests, who don't have a FP at all, to join your FP for 4 after our experience.

Perhaps they could get in line 30 minutes to an hour before your FP and hope y'all all get in around the same time. The way the BOG FP is set up it automatically sets up your FP based on the number of people in your room. As of last time I made FP for BOG you couldn't add or subtract guests from the FP. If your friends are staying on Disney property they can make their own FP using their reservation number and the same link you used to make yours.

DizneyFreak2002
07-06-2014, 02:09 PM
You cannot add people to the FP for BoG... It is tied directly to your hotel reservation... 4 people in the room, 4 people get FPs... 6 more people join you, they are out of luck.. Unless they have a hotel reservation as well and can somehow secure a FP for the same time... Thing is, they will be seated at a different table... Best bet, book an ADR for dinner... or wait on line to get in, skip the Fp...

DizneyFreak2002
07-06-2014, 02:10 PM
Can I ask how you go about getting a FP+ for BOG? I tried the one online address someone had posted on here a week or so ago, but it only will show until Sept 2 and wouldn't work for the prior days at all. Is there another place to look that I'm missing? Thanks for your help!
What days will you be in WDW? When is your hotel check in date?

sassafras
07-06-2014, 06:13 PM
We check in on Aug.26 and out on the 5th of Sept. I read somewhere the fast pass + for BOG was by invitation only and then someone else listed a website to get one. I am so confused--Help please!

DizneyFreak2002
07-06-2014, 06:38 PM
We check in on Aug.26 and out on the 5th of Sept. I read somewhere the fast pass + for BOG was by invitation only and then someone else listed a website to get one. I am so confused--Help please!

Did you go to the special website and register? If not, go to

https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/

When you register, make sure to use your hotel reservation ID with the 12 numbers... should not have any letters... I posted on another thread where to find this number if you don't already have it...

Once you are registered, you should be able to select your dates... I believe you can start picking FP for BoG 30 days from check in... Or around that time frame...

sassafras
07-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Thanks! I'll try that. I appreciate the quick answer and help!

DizneyFreak2002
07-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Thanks! I'll try that. I appreciate the quick answer and help!
You're welcome... Once you try it, let me know how it worked for you... Hopefully it works like a charm.. if not, let me know what happened, and I'll try to help you through it some more...

buzznwoodysmom
07-06-2014, 11:24 PM
You cannot add people to the FP for BoG... It is tied directly to your hotel reservation... 4 people in the room, 4 people get FPs... 6 more people join you, they are out of luck.. Unless they have a hotel reservation as well and can somehow secure a FP for the same time... Thing is, they will be seated at a different table... Best bet, book an ADR for dinner... or wait on line to get in, skip the Fp...

Both times we have done BOG for lunch we sat where ever we wanted. Even with our huge party of 25, and with our FPs ranging from 11:00-11:30 we were able to pick tables that were near each other. As far as I could tell the few times we had lunch there you seat yourself where ever you want.

DizneyFreak2002
07-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Both times we have done BOG for lunch we sat where ever we wanted. Even with our huge party of 25, and with our FPs ranging from 11:00-11:30 we were able to pick tables that were near each other. As far as I could tell the few times we had lunch there you seat yourself where ever you want.

You're right, you choose your own seating...

As for the FP, were you able to add people to YOUR FP group, or did they have to select their own? I believe that is the question the OP was asking... Could they add people to their FP selections without those people being on their hotel reservation...

But yes, you are correct about choosing your own seating...

minnie04
07-07-2014, 10:54 AM
Did you go to the special website and register? If not, go to

https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/

When you register, make sure to use your hotel reservation ID with the 12 numbers... should not have any letters... I posted on another thread where to find this number if you don't already have it...

Once you are registered, you should be able to select your dates... I believe you can start picking FP for BoG 30 days from check in... Or around that time frame...

Alittle help here :confused: I have a reservation for the end of August (labor day weekend) and I can get into the fast pass page for BOG lunch, BUT it only gives me a week at a time to select from. Is this how it works? or do I have to go somewhere else to find my dates???

VWL Mom
07-07-2014, 10:56 AM
As for the FP, were you able to add people to YOUR FP group, or did they have to select their own? I believe that is the question the OP was asking... Could they add people to their FP selections without those people being on their hotel reservation...

You can not add or delete people, the names that are booked in the room are the ones that appear. There is a note on the top of the page that "You can reduce your party size upon arrival to the restaurant".

buzznwoodysmom
07-07-2014, 11:44 AM
Thing is, they will be seated at a different table....

You're right, you choose your own seating...

But yes, you are correct about choosing your own seating...

Yes, I know what the OP's original question was, and I answered in detail in my first post that as far as our experience went we absolutely could not add anyone to our FP.

My second post was in regard to your post, quoted above, where you stated that if their friends got their own FP they would be seated at a different table. I just wanted them to know that in our experience that isn't the case. If their friends can secure there own FP at the same time they can sit together.

DizneyFreak2002
07-07-2014, 02:43 PM
Alittle help here :confused: I have a reservation for the end of August (labor day weekend) and I can get into the fast pass page for BOG lunch, BUT it only gives me a week at a time to select from. Is this how it works? or do I have to go somewhere else to find my dates???
What week does it give you?

minnie04
07-07-2014, 03:12 PM
What week does it give you?

July 7-13

DizneyFreak2002
07-07-2014, 03:34 PM
July 7-13
Just logged into the site myself and saw that... Of course, I don't have a hotel reservation...

You said your hotel check in date is end of August right? We are not yet at the 30 day mark.. We may be seeing the current week cause 1) I don't have a hotel reservation and 2) yours is still outside the 30 day mark...

Check back in there 30 days from your hotel reservation check in day... I guess it may be possible the 30 day window was just a test and now they are using 1 week out since BoG is pretty popular and packed? Just a guess, no idea really...

minnie04
07-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Ok thanks I will wait it out... :wait:

DizneyFreak2002
07-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Ok thanks I will wait it out... :wait:

Just check every day... The day you don't check will be the day the window opens and you'll be left out..