PDA

View Full Version : Going to the parks before checking in

mandaep
07-06-2014, 07:13 AM
So if check-in is really 3 PM and we show up in the early morning are we allowed to go ahead and check into the hotel, then go to the park? And with the magic bands do you even have to check into the hotel to use them at the park?

And I feel like I already know the answer to this question but I'll ask it really quick. Once you use a fast pass you are free to obtain another one, correct? Thanks!

Mickey'sGirl
07-06-2014, 08:00 AM
If your park tickets are associated with your hotel room, you will need to check in first, and yes you can do that in the morning.Then head on over to a park!

Once you use your 3 FP+ reservations you will be able to get another. You need to use your first three prior to selecting an additional one.

Strmchsr
07-06-2014, 08:25 AM
:ditto: The only time you don't have to go to the hotel first is if you have Annual Passes. But, if you arrive early it's not a big deal. If your room isn't ready they'll store your luggage for you and you can head ride on to the parks.

Tigerinvestigator
07-06-2014, 11:36 AM
We just returned from a stay at the Beach Club. Simply check in and go to the parks. They will text you a room number when it is ready and you can go straight to your room with your magic bands. :thumbsup:

mandaep
07-06-2014, 05:14 PM
I'm glad I asked because I assumed since they mailed them to you they would be automatically activated and you could just go to the parks.

How far in advance before your trip to get your band? Thanks!

faline
07-06-2014, 06:37 PM
How far in advance before your trip to get your band? Thanks!

I don't remember exactly how far in advance we got our bands but I'm thinking it was 4-6 weeks before our trip. If you've customized them on My Disney Experience, it will tell you how many days you have left to make changes. They ship pretty quickly when that time runs out. You should receive a message on My Disney Experience that your bands have shipped and will be provided with a tracking number for them.

NewDVCowner
07-06-2014, 08:01 PM
If someone did online checkin prior to arriving would that allow them to go right to the parks?

kohlby
07-06-2014, 09:43 PM
I'm not sure if it made a difference but we checked in before going and ended up with a free room upgrade. We had our tickets so we didn't need to stop in but thought it wouldn't hurt. (And better to be able to get to our room faster later on when the kids were tired at the end). We were upgraded at AKL from a standard room to a Savannah view AND bunkbeds! I don't know if our 8am check-in had anything to do with that. They didn't tell us about our upgrade - we discovered it when we came back.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-06-2014, 09:53 PM
If someone did online checkin prior to arriving would that allow them to go right to the parks?

Generally no. If you have tickets as part of your resort package, you'll need to check-in at the hotel to activate your package, even if you've completed on-line checkin.

There was a test of "straight-to-room" for a couple of weeks at a couple of resorts, but I haven't heard if it is continuing.

If your tickets are separate from your resort reservation, then you don't have to check-in first.

spoiledraf
07-07-2014, 05:34 PM
And I feel like I already know the answer to this question but I'll ask it really quick. Once you use a fast pass you are free to obtain another one, correct? Thanks!

With this being only your third post, I fear you have not heard of the new Fast Pass Plus system Disney has installed. You need to select which rides you want to use your FP+ for in advance of your arrival and reserve a time. And you only get 3. plus 1 after they are all used. If that is the case, I suggest you read up on Fast Pass Plus under My Disney Expierience. Or on any of the Disney sites like this one.
Just an FYI

mandaep
07-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Actually this is my new account I will I am unable to access my old one :(. I am aware of the new fast pass system but I couldn't remember offhand if you were able to get a another one after one was used. It came back to me that I could once I had used all three. Thanks!

JanetMegan
07-08-2014, 04:04 PM
This is an interesting thread, is this a new policy? Previously you were able to go to guest relations in the park of your choice that morning if you had no yet checked in at your hotel. I've done it quite a few times.

mandaep
07-10-2014, 02:05 PM
I'll have e to clarify that. I think we would prefer to go to the park's guest relations first if we could

yankeesfan123
07-10-2014, 02:25 PM
I'll have e to clarify that. I think we would prefer to go to the park's guest relations first if we could

Yea you should be able to do that. I think you were getting the responses before because you stated that you were still going to check in at the hotel first.

VWL Mom
07-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Actually this is my new account I will I am unable to access my old one :(.

If you want to go back to using your old account enter AmandaChan (case sensitive) as the user and anything as a password. That will give you a screen that says forgot your password click here. Follow the onscreen instructions.