PDA

View Full Version : Atkins Snacks

DDuck66
07-05-2014, 07:54 PM
We are heading out on the Dream next May -2015 and have both been on a low carb diet. Can we bring our own low carb snacks with us?

TracyL
07-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Speaking as someone who attempted to stay on a low-carb diet on a DCL cruise -- FORGET IT. Wean back onto carbs the week before, eat with abandon on the cruise, and go back on your diet after. Trust me. Unless there is a really critical medical reason why you must stay low-carb, you will have a much better time on your vacation if you allow yourself to try all the different available foods. It's not that you can't do it, it's just that it's insanely hard and takes all the fun out of every meal when you have to negotiate with the chef and pass up all the beautiful breads and pastries and even just the interesting grain side dishes created by the DCL chefs.

I lasted 24 hours before I bailed on my diet. As I recall, though, I had no trouble taking my specialized food on board. Stuff like that that is sealed in individual serving packages shouldn't create any problems.

DDuck66
07-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Thanks
Even if we can cut one bad for one good, we will be better off while still being able to enjoy.