PDA

View Full Version : Finally.... going again!

debandbub
07-05-2014, 11:43 AM
After a longer hiatus than normal, but still sooner than planned - we are going back in November! Whew!

We (two forty-somethings) are going with my brother's family (mom, dad and two girls, 13 and 17).
So.... I am completely in charge of planning.:number1: I bought the plane tix down yesterday, arriving late Friday 11/7. They are going to spend three days at Universal, while we head straight to the World, where they will meet us on Tuesday at some time. I'd like any and all advice to start - I'll ask more specific questions as they come up. But for now, I know I need to arrange transportation for them from MCO to Universal. Ideas/thoughts?
As far as other major plans - they want dining plan, we don't. They maybe want to stay at POR, we might like to rent DVC points again to stay at BWV. I'd like to get them to stay at BWV with us, but it'll have to be two separate ressies, since they want DDP and we don't correct?

What else MAJOR am I missing so far?

Thanks! I'm so excited already!
:mickey:

faline
07-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Happy planning!!

If your relatives are going right from the airport to Universal, they will need to take a shuttle, taxi or town car service, such as Intercot sponsor Quicksilver.

greengeen
07-05-2014, 05:22 PM
You won't be able to get BWV just 4 months out. The Food & Wine Festival is going on, and many people (including me) booked 11 months out because it's so popular. In fact, November availability at all DVC resorts is pretty limited at this point, but you can always ask.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-05-2014, 05:31 PM
Happy Planning!

Either way, make two separate reservations (even if you're staying the same place) and link them together, so hopefully you'll be in rooms close. But, with the separate reservations, the payment is separate, and you can each decide the ticket type, dining plan, etc. that best suits your needs.

But, November isn't that far away, and I'd get the resort reservation sorted out sooner rather than later, and of course you're well within the ADR window so it will be important to figure out the meals that people want to book and get them sorted as well.

Those are the biggies ... then you can figure out what you'll all do together and what everyone will do on their own. It may be fun for the "grown-ups" to do some things and the "kids" something on their own (if they are Disney veterans).

Just remember not to take on all of the planning ... have them be involved too, especially for the parts that you won't be doing (like Universal).

debandbub
07-06-2014, 06:44 PM
ohh I didn't even consider room booking issues due to F&W because the original plan had us leaving home on the 11th or 12th. Thanks for the reminder. First thing to do tomorrow!!!

As far as involving them in the plans - they were all too happy to turn over the reigns. They are NOT planning people, but they were so happy with the last WDW vaca that I planned for them (room, ADR's, which par/which day, etc... everything) that they were practically chomping at the bit for me to do EVERYTHING again!