PDA

View Full Version : Best Quick Service at Epcot

jclightchasr
07-03-2014, 04:53 PM
We will be at Epcot on Sept. 30th, this will be our first time staying on property and using a dining plan. Would love some suggestions for quick service.

CanadianWDWFan
07-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Columbia Harbour House is our favourite quick service by far. Food is good and it is NEVER busy.

buzznwoodysmom
07-03-2014, 09:15 PM
There are so many great quick service locations in Epcot. Sunshine seasons in future world has some really great items. And pretty much all the countries in world showcases have something to offer. We tend to "snack around the world" for lunch in Epcot. We order one meal to share in each country. Of course we can't hit every country in one day, but we try to select new places on each trip.

MargaretMessler
07-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Tangerine Café (Moroccco)
Sunshine Seasons (The Land in FutureWorld)
Lotus Blossom Café (China)
Katsura Grill (Japan)
Kringla Bakery (Norway)

I like the suggestion from another poster about snacking around the world as lunch. That sounds like fun & we may steal that idea next trip. :thumbsup:

DonaldDuck1117
07-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Best quick service is the seasons in the land pavilion. You have a wide variety, and I actually feel like you get a good amount of good for what you pay-which is a little less than normal.

Arielfan98
07-04-2014, 01:13 AM
Sunshine Seasons without a doubt. They offer fresh menu items that you cannot find anywhere else. For example they have fresh rotisserie chicken, goat cheese salad, ceasar salad, mongolian beef, sandwiches, soups and a phenomenal bakery. Get the strawberry shortcake if you go there!

I also recommend anything in World Showcase that grabs you. My suggestion is as you're walking around see which country's food appeals to you. They're all equally amazing in my opinion and it all depends on which type of cuisine you enjoy.

Have a good trip! :thumbsup:

CanadianWDWFan
07-04-2014, 08:16 AM
That's MK.
Thanks Eric! My bad!! :blush: Funny we were just talking here at home about this very thing as I was reading this thread and I missed the whole Epcot title.

I have to agree with Tangerine Cafe. It is a place we always stop by.

kakn7294
07-04-2014, 09:00 AM
We like the expanded bakery in France.

VacationDisney
07-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Another vote for Sunshine Seasons:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-04-2014, 10:16 AM
I'll add my vote for the bakery in France. Lots of new yummy stuff!

I know everyone loves Sunshine Seasons, but it just hasn't ever really worked for us.

Disneyfun
07-04-2014, 02:21 PM
La Cantina De San Angel has some nice mexican food, but watch out for the seagulls! They are viscous over there!

By far though, our favorite is Katsura Grill in Japan. You can't beat the food combined with the view! Best bang for your buck! And the service is far and beyond the best in EPCOT!

Tigerinvestigator
07-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Sunshine Seasons in Epcot. Get the Pork Chop with homemade bbq sauce and garlic mashed pot. It is by far the best counter service meal at WDW imho.:thumbsup:

Fangorn
07-04-2014, 02:49 PM
La Cantina De San Angel has some nice mexican food, but watch out for the seagulls! They are viscous over there!

Spell checker at work: I think you mean vicious, not viscous. Viscous is "of a gelatinous nature or consistency; sticky; thick; adhesive". Although the sticky, thick, adhesive part of the definition could apply to seagulls. ;)

Thanks for the mental image. Made my day.

Steve

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Mexico for nachos and churros
UK for fish n chips
France for pastries

TheHD
07-04-2014, 04:10 PM
The Shrimp Fried Rice at Lotus Blossom is one of my favorites. The Ginger ice cream was also surprisingly delicious.

#1donaldfan
07-07-2014, 12:21 PM
For us it's Yorkshire Fish Shoppe or Sunshine Seasons.:mickey:

cer
07-07-2014, 01:24 PM
For us it's Yorkshire Fish Shoppe or Sunshine Seasons.:mickey:

Ditto.

mdricks
07-07-2014, 03:48 PM
You will be there for food and wine which is a gelatinous seagull of a different color!

The food booths take snack credits on many items.

Given the wealth of unique choices at EPCOT during F&W I would say skip the "normal" options and dive in!

I have not done the food plan in many years but it used to be you could use a table service for 2 snacks (or something to that effect). I defer to others if that is still the case.

Even if it is not, use the snack credits you have available or go out of pocket if you have to. The food choices during F&W are out of this world.

:number1:

1stGoofysGirl
07-07-2014, 08:22 PM
At the top of our list of favorites:
Sunshine Seasons
Yorkshire Fish
Lotus Blossom
Bakeries in Norway and France

VWL Mom
07-07-2014, 09:14 PM
I totally agree about skipping CS and using your snack credits on the F&W booths, so many yummy things to choose from.

whitney37354
07-08-2014, 10:58 AM
So far, Sunshine Season is our favorite CS in EPCOT. We've only done Liberty Inn as well, & it was the regular burger/nuggets, with a good hot dog.

TracyL
07-08-2014, 09:35 PM
Sunshine Seasons, for sure.

I love Tangierine Cafe but for whatever reason had less-than-perfect food there the last one or two times. I'll go back, I'm just not as enthused about it as I have been in the past.

Katsura Grill definitely great for the "whole package" - food, service and atmosphere. It can be really crowded, though, since it's such a small venue, so skip it if it's raining or if that part of the park has a ton of people in it.

And yeah, Food and Wine is the wild card here. If you are up for standing in a few lines, you'll get some superb food experiences. Be sure to hit the Argentina booth for that steak skewer with the chimichurri sauce -- YUM!

TheHD
07-08-2014, 09:40 PM
I have not done the food plan in many years but it used to be you could use a table service for 2 snacks (or something to that effect). I defer to others if that is still the case.

Even if it is not, use the snack credits you have available or go out of pocket if you have to. The food choices during F&W are out of this world.

I think you only get one snack credit now.

I used snack credits at the F&W a few years back, but I felt the portion of the snacks at the F&W wasn't nearly the portion of other snacks you could get throughout the parks.

PlutoPlanet
07-09-2014, 12:31 PM
Sunshine Seasons

EpcotFan182
07-13-2014, 06:52 PM
Sunshine Seasons is great - I highly recommend! =)