PDA

View Full Version : GAC card for first time...helpful thoughts?

DunkinNut
07-02-2014, 11:18 PM
I think I've decided after using scooters for the past 5 years while at WDW, that I'm going to accept that I need a GAC. I KNOW & understand that Disney doesn't require proof if your conditions, but I am very (overly) conscientious about my medical problems (and open about them) and do not mind sharing. So, whereas they can't legally ask...is it a good idea to take medical papers?

I have a myriad of medical reasons and another in my party has Crohn's disease which entails urgent restroom access. Waiting in long lines is often and SUDDENLY impossible. We would NOT expect or need multiple GAC's. One is absolutely fine since my understanding is that your party can ride with you (I'll have my husband & 3 kids with me).

Taking this step is sobering for me. Can anyone share with me a bit about what to expect? I know that there are many who's medical conditions far surpass mine & I'm feeling guilty for having the need...but in fact I do. TIA for any help....

Pirate Granny
07-03-2014, 06:48 AM
It's no longer a free head of the line pass. You get the GAC at guest relations inside the park. They take your picture, as the card can only be associated with you. Then you can proceed to the ride. Say Peter Pan. There is a 45 minute stand-by line. You approach the CM, you hand them your card, they write 30 minute time frame to wait from that time (pass will only allow 15 minutes less than the shown wait time). You are then free to do whatever, but cannot get another GAC ride until you use the current one. When u return the CM will mark off the ride time and allow you and guests in the FP+ line. You must always ride the ride, your family cannot use the GAC without you. For example if you cannot ride space mountain, your family cannot use the GAC wait card unless you also ride (picture is on the GAC card that u need to show). You can have FP+ also, which will never affect your GAC time card. So, if you are in a scooter, your necklace idea may be more convenient, as no bending now. As you have other issues outside of mobility they will issue a GAC, they no longer issue for mobility (scooter or wheelchair) only. Those vehicles now can navigate all standby lines. Have a wonderful trip.