PDA

View Full Version : AP's & FP's oh my! Help...fast!

DunkinNut
07-02-2014, 06:52 PM
My daughter is in the Disney College Program & bought our AP's for us 2 weeks ago. I had them linked to MDE...but they won't activate until day 1 of our upcoming visit,this Friday.

I have made FP+ for our upcoming visit.

I have a love/hate relationship with the Magic Bands & have all of ours deactivated. If I don't reactivates those (grey) OR purchase new color coded ones when there & link to my MDE, how will I access my FP's? I just assumed I it would be "in" our AP cards & we would put those up to the Mickey band/card readers.... Thoughts? Help?

We are staying 2 nights at Pop, then 6 at Dolphin/Swan where rooms don't open with MB's...

TIA:mickey::mickey:

Pirate Granny
07-02-2014, 08:19 PM
How did u get FP+ before activating your AP? We have DVC AP that we won't activate until our December trip and I was wondering if I would have to wait on the first day and activate and then try to get FP+ for the rest of our trips that day.:(

DunkinNut
07-02-2014, 09:19 PM
I called the AP line & gave them the associated #'s for each AP...she linked it to my MDE but assured me the AP will not start until first day if use.

Pirate Granny
07-03-2014, 06:30 AM
Mine are linked already. They appeared without me doing anything...but thought I couldn't book fast passes until it was activated.

Hog
07-03-2014, 01:44 PM
Mine are linked already. They appeared without me doing anything...but thought I couldn't book fast passes until it was activated.

Once your APs are linked to you MDE, you are able to make FP+ reservations. Once you activate your APs by entering the park your Reservations will just transfer to your APs. I have conversed A LOT with Disney cast members about this issue and multiple others regarding APs. Hope that helps.

DizneyRox
07-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Your reservations are actually tied to the MDE app, not magic bands. You can activate a different band each day of your trip if you wish.

The band(s) are really just the medium by which you redeem entitlements. You can swap out bands, whichever one is active is the way they tie you to your dining reservations, fast passes, tickets, credit card for charges, etc.