PDA

View Full Version : Kona Cafe or Artist Point?

jclightchasr
07-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Can't get an opening for Ohana for our entire trip or I would not be asking this: our reservations are for 7:10pm at Artist Point on Oct. 1st., Kona Cafe also has an opening around this time, would this be a better option?

Also does anyone know if the Water Pageant will be running this night and if so when? Would like to see it after dinner if we can time it right. THanks all!

VacationDisney
07-02-2014, 03:36 PM
Artist Point is a very nice fine dining experience. The food is amazing:thumbsup:
It's also rather romantic.

Kona Cafe is nice but not romantic at all. The food has always been good and we've enjoyed very much.

I would stick with Artist Point :blush:

ThanxForNoticin
07-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Unfortunately, I think the construction at the Poly would tend to keep me from Kona for the immediate future. Both are nice restaurants, but I would opt for AP.

I wish I could help with the Water Pageant question. I expect the show runs most nights - I don't recall the schedule, though.

faline
07-03-2014, 12:16 PM
The Electrical Water Pageant runs nightly - weather permitting. This is the approximate schedule:

Disney’s Polynesian Resort – Beginning at 9:00 PM
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (including Narcoossee's) – Beginning at 9:15 PM
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Beginning at 9:30 PM
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground – Beginning at 9:45 PM
Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Beginning at 10:10 PM; in instances when Wishes Nighttime Spectacular takes place at 10:00 PM, the Electrical Water Pageant will begin shortly following its conclusion
Right outside the entrance of Magic Kingdom park – Beginning at 10:35 PM, during Extended Theme Park Hours only.

Arielfan98
07-03-2014, 01:10 PM
Not only is there construction at Poly, but I hate how Kona always changes their menu. I used to love their pomegranate rubbed pork chop. Then it became coffee rubbed and even though you can't taste the coffee, I liked pomegranate better. Plus they keep changing the sides. They also removed a stir fry my sister liked. Too much menu changing. I would go with Artist Point.

pox24
07-03-2014, 01:19 PM
No contest... Artist Point especially with the Poly Const. I saw it while just passing through yesterday...:thumbsup:

Tigerinvestigator
07-03-2014, 04:00 PM
Count me in the minority here....I would choose Kona every time. Never had a bad meal. If you are wanting a really nice fine dining experience like Artist Point, then there are several that are much better. I would consider Jiko, California Grill and several others over Artist Point if you want that fine dining. If you are just looking for a great casual meal then go with Kona. We've eaten there twice with the construction and its really not a big deal.:thumbsup:

BrerGnat
07-03-2014, 08:09 PM
Kona. Love that place. Artist Point is also a signature so will be much more expensive and fancy. They really are very different but I like Kona better.