PDA

View Full Version : Incident at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Main Street Jim
07-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Looks like the "hero" car overshot the ramp (at the end of the show) coming out of the second-story window onto the back of the box truck; the body of the car clipped the support bar, tearing off the rear of the body of the car. The black "villain" car was following, but safely stopped on the ramp. No one was injured.

This is why they put race-car style roll cages in them cars. I have a few buddies that are drivers in the stunt show, so I'm trying to find out if it was one of them.

yankeesfan123
07-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Looks like the "hero" car overshot the ramp (at the end of the show) coming out of the second-story window onto the back of the box truck; the body of the car clipped the support bar, tearing off the rear of the body of the car. The black "villain" car was following, but safely stopped on the ramp. No one was injured.

This is why they put race-car style roll cages in them cars. I have a few buddies that are drivers in the stunt show, so I'm trying to find out if it was one of them.

Yup. Video is online. Surprised it doesn't happen more often... Eek.

TheVBs
07-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Oh wow! Really glad no one was hurt!

Main Street Jim
07-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Yup. Video is online. Surprised it doesn't happen more often... Eek.Well, they have to come out of that "window" and hit the ramp at a certain speed/RPM (the cars don't have speedometers). Apparently, this particular driver came out a little too fast and overshot the launch, nearly completely clearing the ramp truck. Everybody is OK, and the show will continue as normal. :mickey:

LittleDreamer
07-02-2014, 09:23 AM
Finally saw the video, almost looked like he was going to go over the bar. Hopefully the drivers got a good check up afterwards and will return to work soon if they wish. Glad all the safety stuff works as planned. The fast break on the chase car was nice, came to a smooth stop without much space.

SurferStitch
07-02-2014, 12:07 PM
Wow!! Good thing the villain car driver was on his toes!!!