PDA

View Full Version : Best of 6/25 - 6/30 My WDW Trip report

Mr. Smee
07-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Since Intercot is not using Best of, I think I will. These are the best things from our trip that ended 6/30/2014. We were on campus for 5 days.

Best of Wednesday: Bongos. We got into town late afternoon, and after checking into the room, felt like going to the Downtown Pleasure Village Disney Island Marketplace. Had a great meal.

Best of Thursday: Magic Kingdom Day. This one is difficult. Many amazing things happened. Being a Suit of Armor in Enchanted Tales, The interaction with Rapunzel, the new afternoon parade (love the Dragon) and meeting up with someone from long long ago were all cool, but I think the highlight of the day had to be the Mine Train. What an amazing little experience. Not the best roller coaster, not the best dark ride, but as a combo it just works. Well worth the wait. (the wait for it to be finished, not the queue, We FP+'d it)

Best of Friday: Epcot Day. Tangerine Cafe. How have I not eaten here before? With first time visiter and Soarin Rider “What is going on here” Lady from the Soarin’ queue as runner up

Best of Saturday: Hands down Be Our Guest. Nuf’ said.

Best of Sunday: hang in with the Townies. John W. you did an amazing job shooting the pics of DD. Christine, you crack us up. Nikkie, it was great to meet you too. I am so glad we got to spend part of the day with you guys. We are still saying “…All they really want is cheetos and iced tea” and “No Way, jack Daniels and Pie Crust for dinner”

Best Ride: Mine Train, followed by Tower of Terror. More on that later.

Best Nighttime Spectacular: Illuminations Friday Night. Nice viewing spot, and a pomegranate margarita.

Best Cast Member: This is a Crowded category. Magical Michael, Pan’s handler. You were fun and kept the line lively, even though we were not moving at all. Super Dave at Test Track, you are a great friend and we always are glad to see you. You might be All Time Hall of Fame CM for me and the family. It is always great to see you. There also is the team of Sal and KC at TOT. Sal, thanks for the ladder. Without that we might still be stuck in the car at the turn around, staring at Ceasar. KC, even though you were off duty, thanks for bringing the curse of breaking TOT along for the ride. It made for a great time and a great story. But the winner by far is Daquan at Star Tours. Your reaction when you saw our little plastic friend seated in between Caroline and I was priceless, and the fact you made him the Rebel Spy was the best ever. We will never forget that ever.

Best overall experience. This one is hard. The cool thing about the World is that it amazes me every time. Every trip something new, and amazing happens. This time though I think the time we spent on Sunday with new friends was the best. Thanks Christine for the IM “Shut It :)” during sounds like summer. But that dude’s hair did remind me of Spaceship Earth.

faline
07-01-2014, 05:21 PM
Seems like you had some "you had to be there" moments but it all sounds like fun!! Glad you did "best of" rather than "worst of" - it's so much better to accentuate the positive!!

mamatedd
07-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Love your "best of" format & sounds like you had a great trip! Thank you for sharing!:mickey:

Christine
07-01-2014, 10:19 PM
Aw, thanks john for including us in your best of!!
Yes Linda, lots of had to be there references! Cheetos and iced tea- I'd forgotten about that!

vizsla
07-02-2014, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the report.

yjgirl32
07-02-2014, 07:58 AM
Thanks for sharing.

KylesMom
07-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Sounds like you had an amazing trip with both old and new friends - thanks for sharing the smiles! :mickey:

princessgirls
07-15-2014, 01:53 PM
Fun times!!

Thanks for sharing!
Julie:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Sounds like you had a blast

hauntedmansiongirl
07-18-2014, 05:02 AM
Sounds like fun! But who is your little plastic friend? :mickey: