PDA

View Full Version : WDW Weather Forecast - July 30-August 15, 2014

Strmchsr
07-01-2014, 02:28 PM
I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss a day), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Update Wednesday pm, July 30, 2014
The high hit 92 today.Tomorrow through Wednesday highs will run 90-92 with a 50-50 chance of afternoon thunderstorms moving through your area. The sea breeze looks to be going full steam so there's a 100% chance of storms forming. It's just a question of whether one will move over your specific area.

Long range...Aug 7-15 looks like more of the same with a 50-50 shot of brief, but intense, thunderstorm each afternoon. Highs should mostly hang around 90, with an occasional mid 90s possible if the storms don't develop.

Travel Impact :plane: :truck: :drive:
No major issues today or tomorrow.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here (http://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/Turbulent-air-travel-nothing-to-fear-4058671.php) and here (http://www.askcaptainlim.com/-fear-of-flying-flying-48.html) to learn a lot about turbulence and other issues that sometimes cause anxiety when flying. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!

Tropics :fan:
The tropical wave in the Atlantic between Africa and the Lesser Antilles is still struggling; there is little deep convection this afternoon as it moves west/northwest. Seems like dry air surrounding the system, and wind shear is preventing it from becoming better organized. NHC has dropped the chance of development from 70 to 50 percent, and if anything can form in that region most likely it recurves before reaching the U.S.

pixiesmimi
07-15-2014, 04:24 PM
We are down here now and there have been a lot of intense thunderstorms with lightning in the afternoons last week and this week and looks like it is continuing through at least the weekend.

Strmchsr
07-16-2014, 02:49 PM
I'll start paying attention when it gets to September.
Going on my trip in the third week, and hoping tropical storm season hits early August this year if at all.

Peak tropical storm season is mid-August through September. Right now there's a ton of dry air over the Atlantic due to the Saharan Desert. That pattern won't change for a little while. Hopefully no problems for you any time.

dlpmikki
07-29-2014, 09:42 AM
Excited that your forecasts are now covering when we get to Florida! :thumbsup:

marlyn
07-29-2014, 01:53 PM
Excited that your forecasts are now covering when we get to Florida! :thumbsup:

Me too! I arrive Saturday!!

Strmchsr
07-29-2014, 07:44 PM
Have a safe trip! Looks like the weather should be pretty normal for you - not too hot (though to someone not used to Florida in the summer it will still seem pretty hot and humid) and not too rainy.