PDA

View Full Version : Big Thunder Ranch BBQ?

Arielfan98
07-01-2014, 12:25 PM
As I've posted previously me and my family are going to DL this August and we're looking for a reasonably priced restaurant. I looked on another Disney fan website and it said that the lunch price was $23.99 per person and while I understand that that is subject to change, I want to know how true or close the price is to that listed price.
Secondly, what is your personal opinion on the place? Is it too rowdy? If my family is a party of 4 will we be seated with another party? Is seating only outdoors, and if so how will we dine there if it rains? Is the food good?

NewDVCowner
07-01-2014, 12:37 PM
I'll first let you know that it's been about two years since I went. I was pretty underwhelmed with the food - but I don't eat food on bones (it just creeps me out). My sisters thought the ribs were pretty good. It is all outside and the atmosphere is good. Rain in August is not something that you need to worry about. If anything I'd worry more about the heat. I didn't feel it was rowdy at all. There were four of us and we were all at our own table.

I will say, the quick service food and restaurants at Disneyland and California Adventure is very good. I'd recommend doing those rather than pretty much any of the sit down restaurants at the parks.

Melanie
07-01-2014, 02:23 PM
The good is yummy at BTR! It's a must for us every time. You won't be seated with another family, and the atmosphere isn't rowdy at all. Fun, but not rowdy.

tinkwest
07-01-2014, 04:30 PM
That price for lunch sounds about right. It does NOT include drinks or dessert. Dinner is maybe $5 more and has a few more food items.

I have only eaten there once, at lunchtime, in August several years ago. I thought all of the food was good. Melanie described the atmosphere well - Fun, but not rowdy. We were not seated with anyone else and we had a party of four. All tables are outside, but they are covered so most tables are shaded. Don't worry about rain. That shouldn't happen.

The reason I haven't returned is because I consider it a bit overpriced for what I can eat at one sitting - that is me, personally. The group I was with when I ate there had a variety of ages and appetites so overall the group probably got it's money's worth. If I were once again with a group of people and the majority wanted to eat there I would go again and enjoy it, but when it is just DH & me it doesn't feel worth it, monetarily.

Arielfan98
07-01-2014, 06:24 PM
That price for lunch sounds about right. It does NOT include drinks or dessert. Dinner is maybe $5 more and has a few more food items.

I have only eaten there once, at lunchtime, in August several years ago. I thought all of the food was good. Melanie described the atmosphere well - Fun, but not rowdy. We were not seated with anyone else and we had a party of four. All tables are outside, but they are covered so most tables are shaded. Don't worry about rain. That shouldn't happen.

The reason I haven't returned is because I consider it a bit overpriced for what I can eat at one sitting - that is me, personally. The group I was with when I ate there had a variety of ages and appetites so overall the group probably got it's money's worth. If I were once again with a group of people and the majority wanted to eat there I would go again and enjoy it, but when it is just DH & me it doesn't feel worth it, monetarily.

Actually from reviews I've seen the drink is included, but not dessert. I do also see your issue with portions. I eat very little and paying $23.99 may not be worth it for me, but I may eat a light breakfast considering we are paying for everything and DL lacks a DP

tinkwest
07-01-2014, 06:56 PM
Actually from reviews I've seen the drink is included, but not dessert. .....

You're right. That was my mistake.