PDA

View Full Version : Ariel's Grotto for World of color Pac..

Disney_pups2
06-30-2014, 06:26 PM
Has anyone ate at Ariel's Grotto for character dining and still gotten the World of color package? We did Carthay Circle last time and it was wonderful, but we will have kids with us this time. Thoughts?

chefmickey3
07-01-2014, 09:04 AM
We are trying it next month with our three boys (12,10,8). I don't think they realize they are dining with princesses. Should be fun...interested to see other peoples replies.

BrerGnat
07-01-2014, 09:22 AM
Trying to watch WoC with kids was a disaster for us. We got there an hour before the show and there were no spots left by any rails so we weren't front row. My kids couldn't see anything. My husband and I took turns trying to piggy back our kids but we just couldn't do it. They are 9 and 8 and we are not big people! We gave up and left after 10 min.

Having the dinner package doesn't help. The ONLY thing that helps is getting a railing spot but that is simple luck.

I won't bother with WoC until they fix the viewing area and either add bleacher seats so everyone has to sit down, or add steps so thay people are at least higher up than the row in front of them. It is an impossible show to enjoy if you are under 6' tall.

tinkwest
07-01-2014, 04:37 PM
I have viewed from several areas and the only one I would recommend is the area we were in when we had our Carthay Circle Fastpasses.

BrerGnat
07-01-2014, 04:57 PM
I actually once watched it from the backside, over by TSMM. It was the best view I've ever had.

Melanie
07-01-2014, 06:12 PM
I have viewed from several areas and the only one I would recommend is the area we were in when we had our Carthay Circle Fastpasses.

Yes. This is where I first saw it, and the view wasn't bad at all. We did get there very early though, and secured front row/railing spots. I do think doing the dinner package is definitely an advantage.

Last year we had a glitch with our reservations at lunch, and they put us in a special viewing area which cannot be matched. I'm spoiled now, and won't watch it again for awhile (unless it's from the balcony at Grand Californian Villas).

Disney_pups2
07-06-2014, 11:20 PM
Thank you all for your input. We do have one ace in the hole with anywhere we sit, we have multiple handicap traveling together. 2 kids in wheel chairs, 3 adults in mobility carts. With all this information, I think I will do Carthay and call it good. Thank you again.