PDA

View Full Version : Another Glitch in MDE

Melanie
06-30-2014, 05:34 PM
Ugh. I'm a little late to the game of making FP+ selections for our trip next week, but regardless, I ran into another something frustrating in the MDE system this afternoon.

I just purchased our military salute vouchers for my sons today, and got one into the system fine, but the other has a series of zero's and/or the letter O in it's code, and after trying many combinations, the system locked me out. It prompted me to call Disney, but guess what, even the rep couldn't get past the block. :confused: He advised me to go ahead and make the FP+ selections for myself and one son, and when I call tomorrow to add the other card, they will try and link my other son to our existing FP+.

They've indeed made a lot of improvements to this whole thing, but this one is minor and shouldn't even be an issue, IMO. I'll be forwarding on my thoughts to Disney on having 0's and O's in their codes. :unsure:

epceddie
06-30-2014, 06:33 PM
Sorry to hear about the glitches.
FYI, if you don't have Fastpasses ahead of time before you visit the Magic Kingdom, use the kiosks inside City Hall. There's never a line and I walked up to them twice last week to change our FP time for Pirates of the Caribbean. We saw some other kiosks in Frontierland, but there was a very long line for those.

Pirate Granny
06-30-2014, 07:47 PM
I didn't have military passes, but a purchased pass from a licensed Disney vendor. I purchased seven passes all linked except one. It took me four calls and three hours later over two weeks to get the darn thing linked. No way was I going to take a chance that there WOULD be the same times available if I waited to get to the park. SCOFF... Can't wait to try to use my AP to get Fp+ before it's activated. :(. Since we aren't going until December I'll see how many upgrades they make to the system before October. :confused:

Imalismom
07-02-2014, 09:25 AM
I had the TOUGHEST time with linking my Military Salute tickets to my FP+. Finally did get them linked, but it took many tries - my advice, keep trying and trying and trying...

Melanie
07-02-2014, 10:13 AM
And 2 days and 3 phone calls later, it's still not linked. They assure me they are working on it right now and will email me when it's done. :unsure:

And, I'm back to hate in my love/hate relationship with MDE. The planning/linking part stinks. Still too many silly glitches.

yankeesfan123
07-02-2014, 01:55 PM
It seems like any kind of non-standard ticket seems to be glitchy... Hopefully they get it worked out soon.

Melanie
07-02-2014, 02:55 PM
And I just got an email that they've tried all kinds of combinations and just can't get it linked. They said they will keep trying, but suggested I just take it to Guest Relations when I get on property and they'll get it linked, and depending on availability, they'll copy over the FP+ I have made for my youngest son and I to my older son.

And my answer to that was...no. They are requiring us to do this in order to ride what we want. They are the ones promoting this and wanting us to do all this pre-planning. They need to get the ticket linked. Our first day (arrival day) is at Epcot and I've got Test Track FP. My oldest hasn't ridden the new version yet, and that was his one request. I'm just not a happy camper right now......

Melanie
07-02-2014, 03:34 PM
I finally got it linked just now. I carefully studied the O's and 0's and determined which ones were the letter and which were the number, and got it right the first time. Not sure why the Disney tech folks were having such a hard time. Oy vey. It shouldn't be this hard!

Luckily I was able to copy all my FP+ selections to my son. All is well again...but my faith still isn't completely restored in this system.

Hammer
07-02-2014, 04:11 PM
WDW does not handle technology well and they go cheap when it comes to testing their product prior to release to the public, like many companies. They don't take into account multiple usage scenarios, just "sunny day" scenarios.

I used to have a group of 9 people, who were contractors (company changed contracting house we are to use this year, so I have a new group). There was this one guy who I thought was really lazy and only did the minimum. Upon reviewing his automated scripts, they were just too basic and only took one or two scenarios in account. I have had to have people spend time cleaning up his shoddy work.

I tell you this story because guess where he works now as a contractor for testing. Yep, you guessed it, WDW for MDE and FP+. Doesn't surprise me that this was missed!

yankeesfan123
07-02-2014, 06:26 PM
WDW does not handle technology well and they go cheap when it comes to testing their product prior to release to the public, like many companies. They don't take into account multiple usage scenarios, just "sunny day" scenarios.

I used to have a group of 9 people, who were contractors (company changed contracting house we are to use this year, so I have a new group). There was this one guy who I thought was really lazy and only did the minimum. Upon reviewing his automated scripts, they were just too basic and only took one or two scenarios in account. I have had to have people spend time cleaning up his shoddy work.

I tell you this story because guess where he works now as a contractor for testing. Yep, you guessed it, WDW for MDE and FP+. Doesn't surprise me that this was missed!

But they have such wonderful .go websites...