PDA

View Full Version : Destin, Florida any good burger places?

buzznwoodysmom
06-29-2014, 11:36 AM
We are headed to Destin, Florida in a few weeks. We have our favorite seafood places to eat. However, we were wondering if there are any good burger places for a quick meal one day. It would be nice to find a really good, perhaps locally owned, burger joint. Any suggestions?

Mickey'sGirl
06-29-2014, 02:03 PM
I would go to the Five Guys in Miramar Beach. Best burgers anywhere.

buzznwoodysmom
06-29-2014, 02:47 PM
I would go to the Five Guys in Miramar Beach. Best burgers anywhere.

Thanks! However, we have a Five Guys 5 minutes from our home. While they are good burgers, we actually have better "local" burger places at home. So it's not our first choice, even at home. Lol. Was hoping to find a place that can't be found in any other major city.

Strmchsr
06-29-2014, 03:57 PM
You're coming to my neck of the woods. I live in Santa Rosa Beach, right next to Destin. Really, most of the stuff in Destin is touristy chain stuff. If you want the local owned businesses the best thing to do is travel 30-A. There's food trucks in Seaside (where Truman Show was filmed - you can even still see Truman's house). There's some great places in Rosemary Beach and Water Color. My two favorites are South of Philly which has the best local cheesestakes and burgers around (it's owned by a guy from Philly and the cheesestakes are the real deal, even down to the bread that he gets from Amarosa's). Also, at Gulf Place on 30A is Pizza By The Sea, which is the best locally owned pizza. Both of those places are owned by members of my church and they're super-nice people, too. Come by and say hello. My church is right on Highway 98. I'm always glad to see Intercot friends.

buzznwoodysmom
06-29-2014, 06:19 PM
You're coming to my neck of the woods. I live in Santa Rosa Beach, right next to Destin. Really, most of the stuff in Destin is touristy chain stuff. If you want the local owned businesses the best thing to do is travel 30-A. There's food trucks in Seaside (where Truman Show was filmed - you can even still see Truman's house). There's some great places in Rosemary Beach and Water Color. My two favorites are South of Philly which has the best local cheesestakes and burgers around (it's owned by a guy from Philly and the cheesestakes are the real deal, even down to the bread that he gets from Amarosa's). Also, at Gulf Place on 30A is Pizza By The Sea, which is the best locally owned pizza. Both of those places are owned by members of my church and they're super-nice people, too. Come by and say hello. My church is right on Highway 98. I'm always glad to see Intercot friends.

Chris, yes we are headed back to your neck of the woods. This will be our third trek there in just over a year. I'd actually move there if I could, lol.

I kinda figured I might have to go outside of Destin for what we are looking for, a non touristy burger place. We will be spending the day in Seaside on the Sunday, and plan to have lunch there and rent bikes for a few hours. Probably won't head that way till then, but you gave some good suggestions. Thanks!

Seaside is probably our most favorite beach town, watercolor is a close second. We can't be that close and not spend a day! Hopefully one of these days we will just book our whole trip there. We actually love the entire 30A area. But Destin has so much of what our teen boys are wanting to do. So we went with Destin.....again. We do love Destin too, so it's all good.

When it gets closer I will try to remember to send you a PM. Maybe we can meet with you and your family for lunch that Sunday, or something.

Strmchsr
06-30-2014, 10:58 AM
Sounds great, Denise. I'll look forward to possibly seeing you. I should say one of the best burgers actually in Destin (I didn't think of this yesterday) is McGuires Irish Pub. That place is awesome. It's located near Destin Harbor just before the bridge that leads over to Okaloosa Island. They have great food across the board, but the burgers are top notch. Not really fast food, though.