PDA

View Full Version : Military Discounts

Tinker1111
06-29-2014, 10:30 AM
I have heard there are military discounts,where and how do you find these? Has anyone used this? What is offered and where? Can you stay at Fort Wilderness with this? Any info would be wonderful.:mickey:

BrerGnat
06-29-2014, 12:04 PM
Yes, the military discount program is the best deal out there. It is called the Armed Forces Salute. It has restrictions but the jist of it is: 40% (Deluxe/Villa), 30% (Moderates), 20% (Values) discount for ROOM ONLY reservations. In addition, a military member or spouse can purchase 4 day hopper tickets for around $165 each. Water parks and more option can be added on for around $30 per ticket. This offer expires every year on September 28, but Disney has renewed it several years in a row. They should be announcing a renewal in the coming month or so.

If you do a search for "military disney tips blog" you will find everything and anything you need to know about this program as well as other Disney military discounts (cruise line, etc).

Also, Shades of Green is an option open to military. It is a hotel owned by the DoD for use by military and DoD families. Rates are superb, rooms are huge, and there is an ITT office on property that sells attraction tickets at military discount. Google Shades of Green for more info.

Janmac
06-29-2014, 11:20 PM
Anybody else holding their breath waiting for news of the 2015 Armed Forces Salute?

IF Disney will renew this awesome deal we could maybe possibly kinda sneak a trip in early 2015.

Otherwise we're waiting til 2016 or thereabouts. :(

Jan

Melanie
06-30-2014, 03:57 AM
Yes Jan, waiting (not so) patiently. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

ruffles
06-30-2014, 10:21 AM
Not sure if you asking about Fort Wilderness Campground or Fort Wilderness Lodge. The campground is not included in the discounts. If you are close to a military base you can purchase your military special tickets there at the discount so you do not have to go to Shades of Green and stand in line. We are also hoping they renew the military tickets for 2015. We have a trip planned for November and would save us quite a bit. Only drawback to the military tickets is you can not book fast passes ahead of time. Your tickets have to be activated at the park then you can start making fast pass choices.

BrerGnat
06-30-2014, 12:50 PM
You can also simply purchase the AFS tickets at any of the Disney ticket booths onsite. The cost is within a dollar or two of what you pay on base or at SoG.

Also, I am pretty sure you can make FP+ reservations with them ahead of time because when you buy them on base, you get the actual physical plastic card ticket, which has the RFID already in it. The barcode on the back has the identifying ticket number that you can use to link to MDE. I don't know how these work with Magic Bands, though, or whether they even work at all in conjunction with them.

Janmac
06-30-2014, 11:59 PM
Just received the military Disney tips newsletter today with a segment outlining instructions on how to link military discount tickets to MDE to get fp+ reservations ahead of time.

Jan

Melanie
07-01-2014, 04:24 AM
You can also simply purchase the AFS tickets at any of the Disney ticket booths onsite. The cost is within a dollar or two of what you pay on base or at SoG.

Also, I am pretty sure you can make FP+ reservations with them ahead of time because when you buy them on base, you get the actual physical plastic card ticket, which has the RFID already in it. The barcode on the back has the identifying ticket number that you can use to link to MDE. I don't know how these work with Magic Bands, though, or whether they even work at all in conjunction with them.

You can make FP+ with the vouchers, and link to your Magic Bands on MDE. Just did it yesterday. It's not a plastic credit card type ticket though. It's paper, which will have to be activated at a guest relations booth. Whether we'll get an actual ticket remains to be seen, since they are linked to our bands.

pixiesmimi
07-23-2014, 12:55 PM
They just announced yesterday that the Military Salute discounts have been extended into 2015. Yea!

Question: Do you know if the military tickets are non refundable? I use these every time but am confronted with the possibility of having to cancel my trip in Sept which is why I haven't purchased my tickets yet. If I go ahead and purchase them so I can make my FP reservations, can I get a refund if I have to cancel the trip? Right now the tickets expire in Sept but now that they have extended it, will they still expire in Sept or if I buy them will they not expire until 2015?