PDA

View Full Version : More spots to get alcohol in parks??

EeyoresBestFriend
06-28-2014, 11:42 PM
I have to say that the cocktails that are now starting to appear all over ALL the parks - really disappoints me. I've always thought of Disney of being safe from this element, for family fun, and frankly,this just isn't the way I want to see the parks going.

IMHO, if you want to drink all the time, everywhere - go to Vegas or Mexico. How long before we see drunk guests puking on rides, fighting with CMs (or other guests) and bus drivers?

Not magical to me, at all and I'm not impressed, Disney!! :(

PS. and yes, both me and DH drink but not at WDW.

Pirate Granny
06-29-2014, 12:34 AM
We run into outing puking drunks at the lazy river in both water parks...not a pretty sight. Had to get the lifeguards to remove them for the water, :(:ill::ack:

Itchy
06-29-2014, 12:36 AM
If you go to WDW just to get drunk I think you should stay at home. I see no issue with a responsible adult having a drink in one of the parks.

Having said that I enjoy a drink with my dinner or a relaxing moment in the parks, or at the resort. We just need to be responsible and if not we should be asked to leave the park, or go to our room as not to offend others with children around us.

1DisneyNut
06-29-2014, 07:43 AM
Corporate greed.....we are witnessing the infusion of corporate greed into WDW. The current culture running WDW is placing emphasis on profits. Alcohol is a huge profit maker so expect it to be everywhere, I can't believe they don't have beer tubs on every corner in epcot yet.

Basket Mommy
06-29-2014, 10:16 AM
Agreed. We drink, but never to get drunk. We had a bad experience with a drunk lady on a very crowded Monorail once. Thank goodness her male companion was sober enough to realize she needed to get off the Monorail, and ushered her off at the next stop. She wasn't dressed as if she'd been in the parks, though. She most likely had too much to drink at a resort restaurant.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-29-2014, 01:00 PM
I'm not a big drinker but while I'm on vacation I like to enjoy a few cocktails even at Disney. Having said that though in the past I've only drank at dinner at Epcot, the resorts or by the pool. I really don't ever remember seeing anyone intoxicated except by the pool bar once or twice and they were just a little loud not too bad

SurferStitch
06-30-2014, 11:54 AM
I can't say I have a problem with a few more adult beverage stations popping up.

One day last year outside the Sci Fi they had a stand with very good craft beers. It was a nice, warm day, and we were happily surprised to see Dogfish Head 90 Minute there. We each got a cold one, sat down, and enjoyed a refreshing beer on a sunny day. Didn't see the stand there the rest of the trip, so I think they may be hit or miss.

I still see all of the same stands in Epcot I've seen for years, so that doesn't seem any different.

Unless things changed drastically since December, I didn't have an issue with the number of adult beverages available in the parks then, and doubt I will in the future.

SBETigg
06-30-2014, 12:07 PM
It's a vacation place. For everyone. There are lots of families, but there are also lots of adults that travel without children. I don't see it as being a problem. With the exception of the MK, the parks have served alcohol for years and it's still a family friendly place.

I don't see a lot of people who "want to drink all the time, everywhere." But there are people who enjoy an occasional alcoholic beverage on vacation, and I'm perfectly fine with Disney offering that. Of course, we all prefer that people recognize their own limits, and sometimes they don't, unfortunately, but this seems to be an exception rather than the norm.

BrerGnat
06-30-2014, 12:46 PM
It's not a big deal to me at all. In fact, I welcome more options, especially if they diversify a bit and offer more variety.

Having a drink does not equal "getting drunk." I HATE being drunk...but I very much enjoy drinking a variety of different alcoholic beverages. I haven't been drunk for over 15 years, since I left college.

Responsible adults can enjoy alcohol without going overboard and acting foolish. The ones you see in the parks "drunk" are the same type of people you will see everywhere else "drunk". It's a flaw with that person, and not the establishment.

And remember, Disney allows people to bring in food and drinks. I bet the number of "drunk" guests wouldn't automatically decrease if there was less alcohol available for purchase. People would just find other ways to imbibe either before they entered the park or while they are in there.

Terra
06-30-2014, 12:58 PM
It's not a big deal to me at all. In fact, I welcome more options, especially if they diversify a bit and offer more variety.

Having a drink does not equal "getting drunk." I HATE being drunk...but I very much enjoy drinking a variety of different alcoholic beverages. I haven't been drunk for over 15 years, since I left college.

Responsible adults can enjoy alcohol without going overboard and acting foolish. The ones you see in the parks "drunk" are the same type of people you will see everywhere else "drunk". It's a flaw with that person, and not the establishment.

And remember, Disney allows people to bring in food and drinks. I bet the number of "drunk" guests wouldn't automatically decrease if there was less alcohol available for purchase. People would just find other ways to imbibe either before they entered the park or while they are in there.

Agree with all of Brergnat's post.

I like a nice drink here and there and I like that it is available. However, I think as American's many of us are looking through American eyes and for some reason it seems so taboo.
I have quite a few friends from different culture and it's nothing for them. They actually don't get all the fuss people make about it being available.
To each their own in the end.
My children are with me about 98% of the time and they know mom or dad may have a drink or two with dinner or through out our stay. They don't even question it.

I do love some Plum Wine from japan! ;)

Arielfan98
06-30-2014, 07:44 PM
I am underage but from my perspective adults should be able to have fun as long as they are responsible about it.

Katzateer
06-30-2014, 08:21 PM
Seems like WS is not as fun - tooo many people drunk. Responsible drinking -no problem. drunk, not what I want to see in the parks.

EeyoresBestFriend
07-09-2014, 10:44 PM
My feelings come from going to WS F&W Festivals in the evenings. We were distinctly uncomfortable, in the early evening, with the atmosphere in the Park. Several family groups on the bus home at night were echoing our thoughts. I just don't want that to happen at every park.

I shall take heart, like the rest of you, that this will not be the norm. :fingers:

Capt_redshirt
07-10-2014, 01:46 AM
I understand with the popularization of things like the monorail crawl and drinking around the world, disney might have some unsavory characters on their properties. Tho I did notice a lot more proactive CMs during the last food and wine fest (last year). More CMs are stopping people if they think they have had enough and have had security help out when they cant be controlled. Now im not sure and correct me if im wrong... but you cant get cocktails at MK. I think you can only get beer and wine at be our guest (and only at dinner). So more then likely you wont see too much drunken behavior there

Katzateer
07-10-2014, 07:37 AM
Tho I did notice a lot more proactive CMs during the last food and wine fest (last year). More CMs are stopping people if they think they have had enough

I found the opposite true at Epcot. I was getting BBQ during the flower show at the outdoor booth. A couple of clearly drunk men were talking to the CM and bragging they were drinking around the world. The CM and men were talking about how wonderful the experience was and how they were only halfway there. Walking around WS there were a lot of people that clearly had had enough. First time I have noticed people drunk in afternoon during the flower festival.

MissMaryPoppins
07-22-2014, 12:42 AM
Ive seen drunk guests fighting with cast members and other guests. It's people like this who are ruining Disney for everyone. They don't know when to stop and then act like buffoons. During the food and wine festival last year, I didn't last an hour in the park. I couldn't take all the belligerent drunks staggering around and being loud. I like having a few drinks at EPCOT or going to the Tune In Lounge at the Stuidos, but I don't like dealing with the people who don't know when to stop or how to behave in public. Few weeks ago, my Mom and I were with my cousin at Old Key West on the bus going to dinner. Two guys were already on the bus and they were loudly discussing how much they drank at EPCOT in 3 hours. Then they began trying to do pull ups on the over head bar. They were so loud, cursing, and just being jerks. The best driver asked them to stop then a woman with her husband and son told them to knock it off with the cursing. They got a little quieter, got off at hospitality house and headed for the bar to get more drunk.

RBrooksC
07-22-2014, 07:50 AM
The only play alcohol was ever forbidden was in the Magic Kingdom/Disneyland Park.

The exception in Disneyland was in Club 33. The exception in MK is the Be Our Guest.

There have always been places to drink an adult beverage in every resort and park outside the MK.

People imbibing more than they should is something that happens everywhere. I guess it is amplified in WDW because it is WDW.