PDA

View Full Version : free quick service / calorie count

polarbear72834
06-28-2014, 09:07 AM
Does anyone know of a site that gives the calorie counts on the meals available at the quick service eating places ?

Strmchsr
06-28-2014, 09:56 AM
No Disney doesn't give out that information. You can find ingredients lists by asking at the counter (for allergy purposes) but the nutritional info (carbs, calories, etc) you just have to guess on. It's quite annoying that almost every other fast food place out there has this info available and Disney won't do it.

SBETigg
06-28-2014, 10:46 AM
No Disney doesn't give out that information. You can find ingredients lists by asking at the counter (for allergy purposes) but the nutritional info (carbs, calories, etc) you just have to guess on. It's quite annoying that almost every other fast food place out there has this info available and Disney won't do it.

I realize this information would help a lot of people, and I think they should have cards available at the counter to detail the information should anyone request it.

But I am glad that they don't put it up on the menus. When I'm on vacation, I don't want to know. I'm healthy, no dietary restrictions, and I do so much walking at Disney that I rarely gain weight on a Disney vacation. If you are counting calories, you can look at the ingredients on the plate and make a fair estimate, but there are always some hidden factors. Especially in salads, which is what the people counting calories might choose. And if you have an allergy, or can't eat certain things, they should be able to help you figure out what to avoid, but I don't think the standard quick service staff is even that knowledgeable on what they're serving.

Strmchsr
06-28-2014, 11:42 AM
I realize this information would help a lot of people, and I think they should have cards available at the counter to detail the information should anyone request it.

That would be my preference, too. Not everyone wants the info, but with my son being a type-1 diabetic knowing the exact carbs he's eating and not having to guess all the time would be helpful. Fortunately, with all the Disney trips we've done through the years we've about figured it out.