PDA

View Full Version : To Fastpass or not fastpass this is the question

pcoleman
06-27-2014, 03:22 PM
Benn to Disney several times but this will be our first with the new FP+ system. We arrive Sunday, August 17th, after check in hotel (Shades of Green) will arrive at MK around 10am. So, I was thinking I should just set up my first group of fastpasses at 10, 11 and 12 (SM, 7DMR, BTMR). Once we use these, set up our next FP group for the evening. We can then go back to hotel, swim and get settled in room. Or should we just go into park and try to do stand by lines for other rides like JC and PoC. We will not be doing ANY frozen or princess stuff. Any input would be appreciated.

faline
06-27-2014, 03:45 PM
Once you use your original three, I don't think you can book additional fastpasses in groups. I believe you can book 1 fastpass at a time after the first three - very similar to the old system in this regard.

Pirate Granny
06-27-2014, 04:46 PM
Don't expect any of the mountains or the new 7dmr to be available was a 4th FP+

So take that into consideration

DizneyRox
06-27-2014, 04:53 PM
Correct, you can book one more set (one for each part member) and you must be in the park that you want to get the FP for. You can get another set once that one is used.

August 17th you say? Are there sill FP available for the mine train? It's pretty popular ad you might be lucky to just get one, never mind at a certain time.

faline
06-27-2014, 04:56 PM
Correct, you can book one more set (one for each part member) and you must be in the park that you want to get the FP for. You can get another set once that one is used.

Since I didn't do any additional fastpasses, I guess I misunderstood this part. Thanks for the clarification.

pcoleman
06-27-2014, 10:03 PM
My fault for not making myself clear. Please don't get hung up on whether or not a certain fast pass is open or how to schedule the next ones. The question is: do I book fastpass at that am time or just schedule them for evening.

Pirate Granny
06-27-2014, 10:18 PM
We booked what was convenient for us, mostly early evenings...but we were able to get a couple of 4th FP+ a couple of times, actually got a 5th and our first one wasn't until 5pm

DizneyRox
06-27-2014, 11:12 PM
I think it depends on the park and the rides. If you are going great to MGM in the evening, you might want to get FP for TSM in the evening and do standbys during the day. You won't get TSM day of late in the day, after like noonish.

I suspect most standby lines are pretty out of control later in the days.

So, you can get additional fast passes after you use your three, if your focus is to get more fast passes, then book your allotment early in the day. If your focus is to get a particular ride and/or articular time, then book that as part of your initial three and give up getting good more. I bet, 9 times out of 10, the 4th fast pass and up will be for rides that don't really require a fast pass to begin with.