PDA

View Full Version : Poly rehab pics?

mel
06-27-2014, 09:55 AM
Anyone have any poly rehab pics?

SBETigg
06-27-2014, 12:00 PM
I think if you do a search, you can find some at other sites if no one comes along to share here.

steamboat willy
06-29-2014, 10:31 AM
I saw a recent picture & video of Poly constuction. Very Sad...no waterfall, rocks or plants in the Lobby. Worse Than That, the small hill to the right on the Beach (Fireworks Spot) is all gone due to Cabanna Construction. I've used this spot for over 40 years, now it's Gone. :cry:

Queen Stephanie
07-09-2014, 12:54 PM
I just logged on from a long stay away and have discovered that the atrium and waterfall at Poly:tikki:is no longer there!! We plan to vacation there in a few weeks, how bad does the lobby look? Does anyone know? :confused:

SBETigg
07-10-2014, 10:41 AM
My sister is honeymooning in WDW right now, staying at the Poly for a few days then moving to Beach Club. She says that you can't avoid the construction, but it hasn't stopped her from having fun. She booked club level, and I don't think she's spending much time in the GCH. The Hawaii lounge is still open with a good view, but the view from their lagoon view room is all construction. They did eat at 'Ohana, which was still wonderful, but everything is walled off in the lobby.

The main pool will be closed in a few weeks and that will definitely impact your stay. If the beach, pool, and lobby are an important part of your Poly stays, I would book elsewhere. It's a good time to try any other deluxe resort.

#1donaldfan
07-10-2014, 12:54 PM
We just returned, had breakfast and dinner there and it was terrible (breakfast and dinner were great). The construction was everywhere, and although it's all in the name of progress and will be great when done, right now it's just pitiful !! They should just close it down for the lenght of the refub, then re-open. Why pay such a deluxe price and have a construction site at your every turn? Bad move on Disney's part.....:cool:

eandrsmom
07-12-2014, 11:48 PM
We got back last weekend. The construction did not bother us at all. We were in Aotearoa and heard no construction noise. I think that the longhouses on that side of the resort are insulated from construction noise. The pool was open, so we were able to enjoy the slides and pool bar. We had lunch at the pool with take out from Captain Cooks. The pulled pork nachos were great! The GCH is under heavy construction, but the walls that they've built hide most of it. I did see a picture on the internet of the construction site behind the walls, but there was nothing like that in view of the guests. We usually don't do a lot of shopping at the resort, so the closed shops didn't really bother us. They still have some shopping available, and you can still have you purchases in the park delivered to the gift shop. All of the cast members were very friendly. The only thing that I really didn't care for was the new path to the TTC. It seemed like it was longer than the previous path and you had to walk near the roadway by the construction zone. They've also changed the Typhoon Lagoon bus route and incorporated it into the Downtown Disney route. I think that it's a new policy for all of the resorts, not just Poly. It made returning from DTD to Poly much longer than necessary. It was raining upon our return to Poly, NOBODY got off of the bus at TL and NOBODY got on the bus at TL. I don't think that we would have chosen to stay there had the pool been closed, but it all worked out great for us.

Scorpiosammy
07-17-2014, 04:09 PM
We're staying there when we go in November despite the construction as it's our fave resort now ;) Also, the pool, etc was not a draw for us anyway :mickey:

The only thing we didnt like about the Poly last time was how small the "food court" was and it's limited offerings. How does Captain Cook's look now? Is it bigger now that it took in the art store and does it offer a wider variety of fare? :)

Just curious (I like to know what Im "walking into"), if nothing else we can eat somewhere else, try something new :thumbsup:

SBETigg
07-17-2014, 04:29 PM
They've also changed the Typhoon Lagoon bus route and incorporated it into the Downtown Disney route. I think that it's a new policy for all of the resorts, not just Poly. It made returning from DTD to Poly much longer than necessary. It was raining upon our return to Poly, NOBODY got off of the bus at TL and NOBODY got on the bus at TL. I don't think that we would have chosen to stay there had the pool been closed, but it all worked out great for us.

That's not a change. It has always been that way if Typhoon Lagoon has operating hours.

Susan A
07-18-2014, 02:30 PM
And, if I understand correctly, prices are the same?

Cheshire_Girl
07-19-2014, 08:39 AM
I'm so sad about this... I used to go into the Poly just to see the atrium and waterfall. I loved the way it smelled and sounded and felt... It was a little piece of the WDW magic for me... And now it's gone :-( wish they would have kept up proper maintenance on the system... Then maybe they wouldn't have to rip it all out. It would be ok if they were just upgrading it... Making it even more fabulous... But sadly that's not what this refurb will be in the end with out the atrium...

DisneyBarb
07-19-2014, 11:41 AM
[Removed reference to outside site] Steve [tikiman] who runs it is very knowledgable. He also has a facebook page with a lot of pictures.

The Poly is our favorite and I'm looking forward to the final product!

lawgirl
07-19-2014, 04:37 PM
I'm so sad about this... I used to go into the Poly just to see the atrium and waterfall. I loved the way it smelled and sounded and felt... It was a little piece of the WDW magic for me... And now it's gone :-( wish they would have kept up proper maintenance on the system... Then maybe they wouldn't have to rip it all out. It would be ok if they were just upgrading it... Making it even more fabulous... But sadly that's not what this refurb will be in the end with out the atrium...

I feel the same way! It's always been one of my favorite places to visit. It's so depressing. But I did read somewhere (don't remember where) that the end result is suppose to be more like Aulani. I'll have to say, the lobby at Aulani really took my breath away when I walked through it for the first time. So hoping for the best!